What's new

What else (metals) are in the 40% halves? and another question....

1869er

Full Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
142
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Freedom 2 C.C., 1st detector was a 1970's Compass, Finished a MD Surf PI from a kit - my most recent MD.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey just curious, what other metals are in the 40% halves? Also are the edges similar to clad quarters? I looked over the batch I found today ~ 52 total, and I really cannot tell.... some look like solid metal all the way through on the side, but some look like there is another metal sandwiched between the silver front and back? Anybody know for sure??
 
Upvote 0
40% silver, 60% copper
 
Clad silver 40% halves are almost always identified by a half/half silver copper, although at times they appear to be all silver. Identify by date, (unless chrome plated, they will fool you).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom