drewan29
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Apr 2, 2010
- Messages
- 293
- Reaction score
- 20
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Toivola,MI
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
- #1
Thread Owner
What happened to kids these day's?
I remember when I was a kid we used to be outside allday playing, our folks wouldn't see us until lunch, dinner and then about 9 at night. We would be called home and you could hear every mother on our block yell for their kid.We would usually wait until we heard the dreaded "IF YOU DON'T GET HOME NOW YOU'R GROUNDED!"
that would get us moving.
Now day's I know I sound old but ain't only 30 you don't see a kids anywhere. It's pretty eerie I'll drive through a part of town
here and not hear one kid.
My son asked what it was like for me growing up and I told him we didn't have cell phones when we were 9 years old,we actually talked to each other we didn't text each other while sitting next to each other, we were gone from sun up to sundown. Our parents new where we were and we stayed there because if they stopped by and they couldn't find us we were in trouble. We used our imagenation for the young'uns reading this that is where you used your brain lol. We played army,built boats that never floated, got on our bikes and went fishing. The only time we stayed in side is if we got sick, or the weather was to bad in the winter if it was bad in the summer we hung out in my buddies dad's garudge lol <spelling I know.
We didn't stay inside playing video games. My son said it sounded like it was fun when I was a kid.
You see kids today and they look like zombies all pale with dark bags under their eyes (creepy) We looked like little Indians running around because we were so tan.LOL. We always found something to do.Our parents rarely heard I'm bored. When Nerf came out with the glow in the dark football we died and went to heaven because now we could stay out until 10 playing football or 500 and you knew what kids were going fishing because you would see flashlights waving around on the ground picking night crawlers to go fishing the next day. Today when you tell kids to go out side and play what do you hear? "There's nothing to do" or "We're bored".
So every one let us know what you did when you were a kid.
HH-drewan.
I remember when I was a kid we used to be outside allday playing, our folks wouldn't see us until lunch, dinner and then about 9 at night. We would be called home and you could hear every mother on our block yell for their kid.We would usually wait until we heard the dreaded "IF YOU DON'T GET HOME NOW YOU'R GROUNDED!"
that would get us moving.Now day's I know I sound old but ain't only 30 you don't see a kids anywhere. It's pretty eerie I'll drive through a part of town
here and not hear one kid.
My son asked what it was like for me growing up and I told him we didn't have cell phones when we were 9 years old,we actually talked to each other we didn't text each other while sitting next to each other, we were gone from sun up to sundown. Our parents new where we were and we stayed there because if they stopped by and they couldn't find us we were in trouble. We used our imagenation for the young'uns reading this that is where you used your brain lol. We played army,built boats that never floated, got on our bikes and went fishing. The only time we stayed in side is if we got sick, or the weather was to bad in the winter if it was bad in the summer we hung out in my buddies dad's garudge lol <spelling I know.
We didn't stay inside playing video games. My son said it sounded like it was fun when I was a kid.
You see kids today and they look like zombies all pale with dark bags under their eyes (creepy) We looked like little Indians running around because we were so tan.LOL. We always found something to do.Our parents rarely heard I'm bored. When Nerf came out with the glow in the dark football we died and went to heaven because now we could stay out until 10 playing football or 500 and you knew what kids were going fishing because you would see flashlights waving around on the ground picking night crawlers to go fishing the next day. Today when you tell kids to go out side and play what do you hear? "There's nothing to do" or "We're bored".
So every one let us know what you did when you were a kid.
HH-drewan.

lol I still have mine in the basement and the last I treid it still worked that was 10 yrs ago. You can't forget the big wheel you could here one of them coming a mile off by the clop,colp... because of one side being worn flat.lol and ya can't forget about Mr.T and tha A team LOL.
I think it was more along the lines of I didn't want to disapoint my parents by having to call them from the cop shop thats why I wasn't to popular in school lol . The drug problem here is pretty bad I used to work at a welding shop and some of the high school kids would buy oxycontin at 70.00 a pill
We had our pot heads in school but you really didn't have to worry about them because they were to stoned to fight now some of them are strung out on every thing. My wife in used to live in an apartment about 7 years ago and I went out side to have a smoke don't smoke no more.It was the night before deer season here, 2 cars met head to head one kid got of each car and started yelling at each other I went in to get the phone just in case. Well "just in case" happened one of the kids hit the other kid upside his head with a 40oz beer bottle I called the cops right before it happened but the cops could find them even though I told them were the one car went I could see the house from the drive way but our finest PO's couldn't figure it out. 







