ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Tested the prototype of a secret project yesterday. This monster has a 620lb magnet inside and we tested it on one of the beaches I hunt. Pulled up nails, bottle tops, and a few other pieces of junk. The scuba tank raises it to the surface after it is hovered and pushed along the bottom. it also raises the magnet on the inside of the middle section if it gets stuck on something that it cannot lift. Interesting concept. You can read about it on my Facebook page if it is legal to post a link. If not I apologize in advance. Second story down. Can you imagine pushing this through the water an a Canadian beach were all their coins are magnetic? Clink. Clink, Clink!! It was made for a much larger operation at a cost of over 25 grand. I just played with it to evaluate it and make suggestions.

https://www.facebook.com/robert.grattan.12

I have only made a few wild hunts this season. Yesterday got a silver ring. The day before yesterday got a silver and gold. My second wild gold this year. I have been out finding things folks have lost all summer. It has been an awesome season diving most every day of the year. First wild gold was a class ring I gave back. The other gold rings I recovered this year were a 45 grand wedding set, two wedding bands and a ring a company gave to a lady for years on her job. I have returned over 100 items to folks they thought were lost forever to Davy Jones Locker.

I have had a wonderful diving season and was able to buy another boat for my inland lake adventures. I now have a Sea Ray cabin cruiser and a Chaparral speed boat for inland lake fun.

I also bought an electric hookah and a few other goodies to make diving more enjoyable for the upcoming years.

Upvote 20

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you will suck some more of those training bombs out of the muck Robert!! :hello2:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have been busy, Congrats on a very successful summer of water detecting!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to see you post that magnet would be really cool I bet many people would complain even though your cleaning the junk outalong with some goodies I would love to see it in action
I dont see why someone would want a 45000 dollar ring and lose it that's nuts good job on all the returns . Heres my Idear a sand vacuume kinda like they use looking for gold nuggets where the sand would filter through and anything else would be in the screen filter lol

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Maybe you will suck some more of those training bombs out of the muck Robert!! :hello2:

Ron, I thought of that!! He wanted finds to show at the Made in America trade show in Indiana. I told him I didn't think he waned a bomb as a find at the show. Even if it was a practice bomb, I DON'T think anyone thinking of buying one of these would be keen on possibly having it bring up any munitions, practice or LIVE!!!! Might turn prospective buyers away

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering where you've been ?? Sounds like a good season....happy hunting and good luck out there !!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Great to see you post that magnet would be really cool I bet many people would complain even though your cleaning the junk outalong with some goodies I would love to see it in action
I dont see why someone would want a 45000 dollar ring and lose it that's nuts good job on all the returns . Heres my Idear a sand vacuume kinda like they use looking for gold nuggets where the sand would filter through and anything else would be in the screen filter lol

I don't exactly know if she wanted it but got it 20 years ago. Didn't know if she lost it in her boat slip or at the gas dock. I found it in 17 foot of pitch black water at the gas dock.

I was wondering where you've been ?? Sounds like a good season....happy hunting and good luck out there !!

Season was wonderful thank you. i got more satisfaction and money than I would get off wild gold I am sure.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Robert you are a good man and I'm glad you get the rewards of that by returning things like that to people seriously we need more people like you.Thats one reason I like tnet there are many good people on here. Tommy. ............. the vaccume thing I referred to I would love to use at the beach till tossed me out lol

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Way to go Scuba. I love your adventures and your character and personality. Very cool stuff. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on all the cool stuff you find for yourself and others.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
9867af3cc4d48c118b5713fe906ca0ee.jpg Kudos-pic.png

Top Member Reactions