What headphones?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My favorite are the Detector Pro Rattler - single ear-cup heasphone. That leaves one ear open to hear what's going on round me.

I also have a pair of their Black Widows. They shut out all ambient noise and you can hear the faintest signals . . . but folks walking up and tapping you on the shoulder will scare the crap out of you. They also get hot in the full sun.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like the big ear muff style because they make my ears hurt too. But there are smaller ones that they sell to go with phones and iPads that work great and are much more comfortable. You need to but a 1/4 inch adapter but the headphones themselves are fairly inexpensive.

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I like the Black Widow on the beach because of the noise.. In remote areas it doesn't matter.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
There's probably a better chance of comfort with on the ear than around the ear types. The Koss KTX-Pro1 weigh only a few ounces, have an inline volume control. As they sit loosely, they may fall off when you dig, but it doesn't hurt them. The cord is skinny & 8' long, but one could probably tie up some of it to avoid tripping on it. Even if I put stress on the cord several or more times, they will generally last 2-3 years. They had a lifetime warranty the last I checked. Best wishes, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread