Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
I have 139 Canadian dimes from CRH, and bunch of other Canadian clad from return trays, etc. So I put together a Canadian coin lot and listed them on Ebay here: Canadian coins - $16.50 Face Value Lot - AUCTION STARTS AT $0.01! | eBay
I started the auction for $16.50 in canadian for $0.01. It is up to $11.50 already. After ebay and paypal take a combined 12.9%, I should already clear $10. I am happy with this considering this has been "losses" out of my pocket for the most part.

Any other good ideas on currency exchange, or this method? Thanks, and happy hunting. - JJ

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, because I get a lot of Canadians here in Mich, I have been putting them in the donation jar at my CU. I sure hope they can use 'em and not thow em out...otherwise at times I just mix them up in rolls, and spend!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I would probably be able to pay a better price, around exchange value.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe some people have had success shipping them to a Canadian coin dealer and buying coins with them, of course you are going to take a hit for the shipping, but for everything else it should be a good way to get rid of them if you have enough.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
Your best bet is re-roll and dump your Canadian coins at your local banks. You could hang on to the them and wait for a trip to Canada (Ontario is beautiful in the summer!)
Myself I dump what coins I can through the coin counter (copper-nickel 5 cent and zinc 1 cent coins). The rest I save up and dump in Canada (I live 20 min away)

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Try exchanging the coins in the currency exchange. You can also ask your local bank, if they accept Canadian currency.

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did the same with mine the other week. I had $12.00 worth Canadian. They sold for $9.91 on ebay with $1.99 in shipping. I ate a little on the shipping but I was able to recoupe some of my money. Next time I get enough I'll PM Sagittarius98 to see if you are interested. I'd rather not pay the ebay fees.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I did the same with mine the other week. I had $12.00 worth Canadian. They sold for $9.91 on ebay with $1.99 in shipping. I ate a little on the shipping but I was able to recoupe some of my money. Next time I get enough I'll PM Sagittarius98 to see if you are interested. I'd rather not pay the ebay fees.

I can buy some amount, just not $100s of dollars.

Kamyu

Oct 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I use mine in the parking meters. Let the city deal with em. :p

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread