Trumped by my kid...

kimikiri

Jun 4, 2011
Central, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Garrett ACE 350, Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my youngest son has taken an interest in CRH. He already found a merc while hunting with me one night and wants to open his own coin shop someday :hello2:. So the other day I bought him two Whitman coin folders for pennies 1941-1974 and 1975-2013. I got him the more modern folders so that he wouldnt be discouraged by not finding anything in his rolls. I also grabbed $5 worth of pennies from a teller so that he would have something to start off with. The coins were in the modern machine wrapped rolls. Im making us some rice cripsy treats to enjoy while we look through the coins and he opens the first roll... I hear a "what is this?" Turns out he got a 1900 IH in his first roll! I do mostly dimes, but have done a few hundred dollars in pennies and never found an IH. The lucky little rascal!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

smitty58d

Feb 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha nice, my son is into pennies as well. I pick him up 3 rolls everytime I get a box of halves and as long as he behaves in school and at home he gets to open them.

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome!! I think its great when kids get turned onto CRH, it gives thier mind a different avenue to think about instead of the TV. It can open up conversation and builds great memories. As well as many other positives, gives then a headstart imo.

I just hope my girls will take an interest in it also.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I;m 15, my dad always picks me up $5 worth or so when he does work at the bank. On top of my box I do each day. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread