What's new

What is a "Spanish Dip Needle?"

Diggit

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
831
Reaction score
132
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
03ED44F7-DACF-4F24-9914-34FEF7351FF3.webp
 
You don't know what a
[h=2]Spanish Dip Needle[/h]is? Wow! Everyone knows what a
[h=2]Spanish Dip Needle[/h]is.

I will use it in a sentence.

I went home to get my
[h=2]Spanish Dip Needle.[/h]There. Now you know.
 
It is a highly scientific treasure finder method. Albeit ... un-discovered science, of course :/ But not to worry: Some day science will come along and explain how it finds treasure !
 
A magnetic compass held wrong.


Though a dip needle is a valid device for measuring the variations in earth's magnetic field.

Dip Needle
 
A magnetic compass held wrong.

That's a "magnetic dip needle" or just "dip needle."

A "Spanish dip needle" is the dowsing device shown in post #2. They first showed up prior to 1900, possibly during the Klondike rush. The stuff in the glass vial is invariably pyrite, passed off as real gold. I own 3 of these things. Also have 2 magnetic dip needles which are somewhat useful, unlike the Spanish variety.
 
A exam tool
Hi Tommy, art bell and george Norway I like aslo, used to listen to them every night, I got to get back into it. It’s been along time since I’ve been in here also, good to be back, hope to hear back from you, I’d like to be a friend.🙂
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0321.webp
    IMG_0321.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 60

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom