Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cuerno said:
Don't buy it if it's the S model... the S and XS can out in late 1999 and this was the comparison:

The “S” has no Learn mode---N/A
The “S” has no Edit mode---N/A
The “S” has no Save Box modeN/A
The “S” has no 12 volt car charge-----------------------------------can be bought later $40.00 in 2000
The “S” has no NiMh Battery and 110 home charger--------can be bought later $65.00 in 2000
The “S” has no Backlight---N/A I use the Backlight when I night hunt and to set up programs indoors
The “S” has no Coil Stand-----------------------------------------------can be bought later $8.00 in 2000
The “S” has no Auto Noise Cancel---N/A This cancels near by detectors and radio interference

The Explorer XS was purchase new for $940.00 in 2000
if I was buying one I would get the II because, color, dual digital readout, fiber lower rod, 1/8 jack

There's nothing in the list that makes a difference for how I use my explorer, so an S model would make no difference.

Would I go shopping for an S, of course not, but would I buy one if the price was right... for sure! (as long as Minelab will confirm it can be serviced)

Cuerno

Jan 31, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
Well we are not all as great with the Explorer as you and we need every advantage we can have like Auto Noise Cancel or dual digital but I'm sure with your excellent hearing you never look at the screen.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cuerno said:
Well we are not all as great with the Explorer as you and we need every advantage we can have like Auto Noise Cancel or dual digital but I'm sure with your excellent hearing you never look at the screen.

So what's with the being an idiot response? Now I now why I stayed away from the Minelab forums because there's always a goof like you that needs a slap.

....and you don't need noise cancel because on the S you can adjust it manually. Also, most people who look at the screen (which I am not one of) hunt in smartfind, so dual digital is no great advantage.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cuerno said:
So then stay away, before the rest of your teeth rot out.

So how long did it take you to come up with that one? Good idea, change to a topic you can perhaps identify with better than trying to talk Minelab detectors.

PS... My avatar's feelings are hurt. Hope you're happy.

OP
OP
stasys

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
hello with idiot ant teeth you bouth are interesting,but resently mint S was sold in german ebay.de look http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290380820502&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT over priced 35% but looks like people like virgin all the time, only after they will divorce price will be like not virgin-my question- where is the love:)
I had expierence with S,everithing absoliutly the same if you dont use programing.For night hunting you have to use smole led projector-and ask friend who is near you with explorer to push noize cancel buton, it will safe time a bit. but you can do our self manualy.

OP
OP
stasys

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
pluss minelab in explorer all electronic parts paint black, no names no numbers? to say even compare by electronic S, XS, 11 would be close to imposible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread