What's new

What is it? Copper Nugget?

DesertNuggets

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2011
Messages
743
Reaction score
184
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello,

I found this today while metal detecting in the moutains.

Its about an inch long. Its not magnetic. The TID was between 16 and 22 on my X-Terra 705.

I tested it for silver and it came up negative.

I sanded a little windows into it and the inside looks very silverly. Very metalic.

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0018.webp
    DSC_0018.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 638
  • DSC_0019.webp
    DSC_0019.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 615
  • DSC_0023.webp
    DSC_0023.webp
    74.3 KB · Views: 630
DesertNuggets said:
Math is my worst subject... I'm sure I did it wrong but I keep coming up with magnesium.
I guess if you shave a little off and it catches on fire easily, its magnesium. Maybe the old remains of someones fire starter?
 
Upvote 0
Well it didn't light or even spark. LOL!

I guess I'll just put it in my junk bag. :)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom