What's new

What is it, I HAVE to know!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Felinepeachy
  • Start date Start date
F

Felinepeachy

Guest
Okay, I didn't find it metal detecting but I did find it driving down the road. It's this bush/shrub/tree? I want it, I must have it but I need to know what it is. SOMEONE out there has to know their plants! PLEASE help me. :dontknow: :help:

:tongue3:
 

Attachments

  • SDC10341.webp
    SDC10341.webp
    260.7 KB · Views: 1,115
  • SDC10342.webp
    SDC10342.webp
    242.8 KB · Views: 1,104
It looks like Ligustrum.
Newt
 
Upvote 0
Need an upclose shot of the blossom on it. Sure is pretty!!! Location (general)???
 
Upvote 0
If you could post a pic of the leaf close-up; I'll solve it real quick.
Newt
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Spooky said:
Newt said:
Spooky said:
Felinepeachy said:
LOL Smart Ass!! ;D

lolz...

Seriously, It looks like Newt said, a ligustrum...
http://www.tclawnservices.com/images/Ligustrum Japonica.jpg

In other words, privet. Or some some Privet Hedge.
We won't really know without a close-up of the leaf.

THAT was the name I was looking for!!!
Thanks......

Also, the leaves of mine change colour in an odd way, they almost look "diseased" later in t season, but I guess that is normal. I think it looks neat.... (green/white)...

Variegated.
Newt
 
Upvote 0
Newt said:
If you could post a pic of the leaf close-up; I'll solve it real quick.
Newt

I'll drive by it tomorrow and get a close up shot of the leaves. I don't recall it having any leaves at all on it during the winter. I just think it's gorgeous.
 
Upvote 0
Ligustrum is an evergreen. It grows there too.
Newt
 
Upvote 0
I don't think it's that ligustrum. Tune in tomorrow for better photos. :wink: :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Spooky said:
Newt said:
Spooky said:
Newt said:
Spooky said:
Felinepeachy said:
LOL Smart Ass!! ;D

lolz...

Seriously, It looks like Newt said, a ligustrum...
http://www.tclawnservices.com/images/Ligustrum Japonica.jpg

In other words, privet. Or some some Privet Hedge.
We won't really know without a close-up of the leaf.

THAT was the name I was looking for!!!
Thanks......

Also, the leaves of mine change colour in an odd way, they almost look "diseased" later in t season, but I guess that is normal. I think it looks neat.... (green/white)...

Variegated.
Newt

shazam!!
you know your stuff.
Want to stop by this weekend and show me how to NOT kill everything I plant...?
I pay well...
:laughing7:

Ligustrum will be your best friend then. You won't need me for about ten years after planting. After that I'll come in and do some pruning and make out well. But hey, it's only once every ten years. :tongue3:
Newt
 
Upvote 0
Yes, the leaves on this one seem smaller and not as thick. They are thin like a bamboo leaf, if you know what I mean.
 
Upvote 0
Felinepeachy said:
Yes, the leaves on this one seem smaller and not as thick. They are thin like a bamboo leaf, if you know what I mean.

I'll say Burning Bush then. Without a close-up. I look forward to the update.
Newt
 
Upvote 0
I have a Burning Bush and what I noticed is the branches are unusual - they have these ridges. I just ran out and grabbed a piece to show. I am in New York and it is just starting to leaf out.

f093rk.jpg
 
Upvote 0
:D I just found something out about my shrubbery. It is the older not as common version of the Burning Bush. The Winged Burning Bush -

There are a number of different varieties of Burning Bush, but for the most part they fall into two distinct categories. The older variety (euonymus alata) is often called "Winged Euonymus" or "Winged Burning Bush". This variety can grow to a height of 12 to 15 feet, and the bark is very unique with it's winged edges.

The more common variety (euonymus alata compacta) only reaches a height of 8 to 10 feet, and the wings on the bark are still quite obvious, but not nearly as pronounced as the winged variety.

Although it's not very popular, and now considered invasive in some states, I happen to like the "Winged Burning Bush because the branches are very interesting during the winter.
 
Upvote 0
It's not ligustrum...the leave are darker, thicker sorta like camellia. Once you start smelling the flowers over the years it gets worst...then you wind up digging them up cause you can't stand the smell any longer.

:wink: RR
 
Upvote 0
Newt said:
Felinepeachy said:
Yes, the leaves on this one seem smaller and not as thick. They are thin like a bamboo leaf, if you know what I mean.

I'll say Burning Bush then. Without a close-up. I look forward to the update.
Newt

Agree. Burning bush. I have two in my front yard in Virginia.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom