What's new

What is it, I HAVE to know!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Felinepeachy
  • Start date Start date
F

Felinepeachy

Guest
Okay, I didn't find it metal detecting but I did find it driving down the road. It's this bush/shrub/tree? I want it, I must have it but I need to know what it is. SOMEONE out there has to know their plants! PLEASE help me. :dontknow: :help:

:tongue3:
 

Attachments

  • SDC10341.webp
    SDC10341.webp
    260.7 KB · Views: 1,115
  • SDC10342.webp
    SDC10342.webp
    242.8 KB · Views: 1,104
I was thinking , maybe a Cotoneaster or a Pittosporum :dontknow:

or Boxwood ???
 
Upvote 0
Whoever said Burning Bush may be right. I stopped to take a couple more pics today and an old man asked me, "whatcha doin" After I told him he said, "Well that there's a burnin' bush" :dontknow:

Here's the close up of the leaves. And then another from a distance. I really love this bush.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9140.webp
    IMG_9140.webp
    112.3 KB · Views: 835
  • IMG_9138.webp
    IMG_9138.webp
    158 KB · Views: 824
Upvote 0
this is what that bush will look like in nov, or at least in my yard, this is from my
post on nov 5 2008, i dont know how to put the link in here.
 

Attachments

  • burnbush1.webp
    burnbush1.webp
    55.9 KB · Views: 829
  • burnbush2.webp
    burnbush2.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 805
  • burnbush3.webp
    burnbush3.webp
    57.9 KB · Views: 808
Upvote 0
I thought burning bush too, hears a little more info on it-

This deciduous shrub has unique corky wings that run along the sides of its bark, giving it the name Winged Euonymus (Euonymus alatus). In the fall the leaves turn a brilliant purple-red color giving it the common name, "burning bush". The winged euonymus is an exotic species that was accidentally brought to America from Southeastern Asia. Although its introduction was accidental, the spectacular fall color makes this a popular landscape ornamental.

and a close up of the leaves-
 

Attachments

  • Euonmyss7_27.webp
    Euonmyss7_27.webp
    53.8 KB · Views: 788
Upvote 0
Felinepeachy said:
Whoever said Burning Bush may be right. I stopped to take a couple more pics today and an old man asked me, "whatcha doin" After I told him he said, "Well that there's a burnin' bush" :dontknow:

Here's the close up of the leaves. And then another from a distance. I really love this bush.

Yep. Sure looks like burning bush. You really have to keep after them if you want them smaller. Otherwise they will get pretty big. They grow pretty fast and will do well in sun or part shade. Best fall color when put in full sun. Watch for mites on them too. Nice shrub.

-Swartzie
 
Upvote 0
I'm am going to plant a bunch of them. The old man said they tend to spread like bamboo. He said he's tried digging his out but it just comes back LOL
 
Upvote 0
kinda looks like sweet osmanthus(sweet olive) the blossums on those are really fragrant
just added this pic they are very similar
 

Attachments

  • Sweet%20olive.webp
    Sweet%20olive.webp
    13 KB · Views: 590
Upvote 0
shrubbery-- without a doubt * consult your monty python guide *
 
Upvote 0
jimbob450 said:
Giant catnip plant. Jimbob

Ha!, They wish. LOL Hey I tried to plant a bunch of catnip and the cats would eat it all in one day. And not just cats either. Other critters were munching on it. I do love the smell of fresh catnip. :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
so your saying your cats and the local critters all like to get "stoned"? on catnip

no wonder the bunny * was around ---he came to take Alice --to the tea party at the hatters place.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
You could also consult Mother Earth magazine.....opps, are they still around?..........NGE
 
Upvote 0
The bush looks like a burning bush (gas plant), although the flowers don't look like a burning bushes flower.
The flowers look like a spirea or inkberry flower.


Strange.
 
Upvote 0
to her that tree she saw "found" is a "treasure" --- differant folks have differant ideals of what "treasure is" --to some only money is treasure , to others a good freind is a "treasure".
 
Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
to her that tree she saw "found" is a "treasure" --- differant folks have differant ideals of what "treasure is" --to some only money is treasure , to others a good freind is a "treasure".
well put
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom