What's new

What is it this should be a good one

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking some medieval door lock maybe? It obviously looks like it was actually used. The two pieces are able to slide back and fourth
 
The use of round nails makes me think that it is early 20th century at the oldest. Still a very cool find though, have no clue what it was used for. I bet someone will though.
 
Upvote 0
That looks really cool hope it gets an ID
 
Upvote 0
My thinking is that it's Tibetan or Malaysian in design. :icon_scratch:
As you suggested, possibly a slide latch for a wooden storage cabinet or a chest.
As coinman123 mentioned, most likely 20thc. :thumbsup:

Dave
 
Upvote 0
Pier 1 import item.
 
Upvote 0
It really looks impressive. But I think this item is not older than the 19th century.
 
Upvote 0
Not even a guess, huh
 
Upvote 0
The backing looks like some kind of particle board. I'm also thinking 20th C tourist item.

But I have no idea of it's intended use.

Early Tetris prototype?
 
Upvote 0
Does it have holes that go all the way through, where it would be mounted to a wall ?
 
Upvote 0
Yes holes do go all the way through to be mounted
 
Upvote 0
Any items on it Silver?
 
Upvote 0
I don't think so
 
Upvote 0
JTW, I see you're using an IPhone 7, and it should be taking
superb images.

Couple suggestions. First, you might clean the lens, as I believe
there is a film on it. Soft cloth, couple drops of ISO alcohol and
a couple drops of water on the cloth, then wipe. Should clean
it up nicely.

Also, try taking pics in natural light when you can. Florescent
lights (CFL's) cause the image to be yellowed.

Cleaned up on of the images a bit, but couldn't get it as good
as it should be.

IMG_3942-2.webp
 
Upvote 0
JTW, I see you're using an IPhone 7, and it should be taking
superb images.

Couple suggestions. First, you might clean the lens, as I believe
there is a film on it. Soft cloth, couple drops of ISO alcohol and
a couple drops of water on the cloth, then wipe. Should clean
it up nicely.

Also, try taking pics in natural light when you can. Florescent
lights (CFL's) cause the image to be yellowed.

Yeah, I also noticed the pics were not up to jtw's usual standards. But I didn't want to be a nudzh...
 
Upvote 0
Yes holes do go all the way through to be mounted

Which part has the holes in, the main central bit or the back parts? Just trying to figure out what part would slide and which way up it would be.
 
Upvote 0
It's my phone case. I will remove it next post
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bigger part has the holes and two skinny parts slide up and down
 
Upvote 0
This better

.........
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
spongebob.webp

Sponge Bob Fancy Pants?
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What is it?
Replies
24
Views
2K
Replies
12
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom