What's new

What is it? When is it?

Older The Better

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2017
Messages
3,833
Reaction score
8,098
Golden Thread
0
Location
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1550618879.660861.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1550618993.159456.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1550619086.322348.webp
I was checking out a cabin site that burned in the 50’s when it started snowing I decided to walk just off the trail back to my car and this came up. What ever it was it was fancy I’m hoping even if somebody doesn’t know what it was they can give me the style for example art nouveau or Greek revival etc...
 
Looks like the arm off a Victorian era wall sconce.

Turn of the 20th C.
 
Upvote 0
If you could I.D. the metal for us that would help... looks to be brass :icon_scratch:
How thick is it?

Matt could be right depending on how thick it is, it looks thin?
Possibly furniture hardware/decoration?

Maybe take a picture of you holding it in your hand for scale and a better visual.

Dave
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Looks like it lol
 
Upvote 0
I was thinking it could be a decorative plate on a flintlock where the hammer is.
 
Upvote 0
I don’t think a lock plate because it’s decorated on both sides, picture frame or sconce are good guesses, better than anything I got, I wonder if it wasn’t a clasp thingy like you find on an old bible or other fancy books
 
Upvote 0
I don’t think a lock plate because it’s decorated on both sides, picture frame or sconce are good guesses, better than anything I got, I wonder if it wasn’t a clasp thingy like you find on an old bible or other fancy books

I think you might be on the right track here. Wasn't thinking about that. Good call :)
 
Upvote 0
If it’s magnetic, it’s part of a parlor stove finial.
 
Upvote 0
Check that, doesn’t have to be magnetic.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom