What's new

What is it

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any opinions on this is appreciated.......maybe civil war????the base is signed something and marked made in England. But I'm not sure it belongs to this eagle there are small holes at tip of each wing and at back of base.
 
Last edited:
Is that what the English would call a Monkey.

No idea mate, but I enjoyy your post.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like an old flag topper. Maybe they had it screwed through the holes to a wall or plaque..
 
Upvote 0
To me it looks like the round brass base and the 'Eagle' started out life separately and were 'married' together at a later date. :icon_scratch:
The casting of the eagle is very crude and it looks to have been made for a different purpose then as a statue to be mounted to a base.

At first I was thinking a radiator hood ornament, but now I just don't know? :dontknow:

Dave
 
Upvote 0
No idea, but’s it’s cool as all get out!!
 
Upvote 0
Two of you are correct.

One... not made together...

2... Door knocker.

imagesXWE6738M.webp

There is one for sale... $125... in original door knocker form.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom