What's new

What is it

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone has any idea what this is or says it is appreciated lol?
It's painted on wood
 
I believe that's Dutch; the last word on the left side translates to "given". The script is pretty hard to read due to the style.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I believe it is Old Germanic. I can see the words 'EDLE = Noble' and 'VOGEL = Bird' and 'MAHLER = a name', but I don't read or speak German so most of the rest is lost on me...

fraktur.gif
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for trying to help guys
 
Upvote 0
Im 1672 : dem 24, translates as In 1672 : The 24th

die ? vogel aus dem herr translate as the ? bird from the lord.

The text is hard to make out, if you can type out what you can make out I could probably translate it even though Mein Deutsch ist rostig.
 
Upvote 0
Similar were used as Schutzen targets.

Schuetzen-Museum-1-966x1024.jpg


PA021535-660x440.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Would of never guessed that lol
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom