What is it ?

Trisi

Greenie
May 17, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20190512_133743.jpg in UV light

We really need a good, close-up picture in natural light to begin to make any identification...

Upvote 0
most guys wont click the link either, only 2 post... no clicky for this guy

Upvote 0
IMG_20190517_142040.jpg in normal light

Last edited:
Upvote 0
do you have a good pic of the back of it chug

Upvote 0
Outside light on a shady day is the best for these photos. It looks as if you have a piece of costume jewelry. Something for size reference is usually required like a quarter or a dime. We have to see the back to tell you any more about. My grandmother left me a ton of this stuff. Some are collectable.

Upvote 0
most guys wont click the link either, only 2 post... no clicky for this guy

That's not a link. It is supposed to be another pic. The site did that to me one time so I just deleted the whole thing. If you click on it, it will say invalid attachment and some other hooey.

Upvote 0
Looks like a costume jewelry piece can be used as a pin or attached to a chain unsure of the metal might be gold plate over copper I zoomed in didn't see any marks not sure of the age of it hh chug

Upvote 0
I agree with Chug. I also saw no marks. It could be quality costume jewelry and the stones could be something other than colored glass.

Upvote 0
Welcome Trisi!

Just some general guidelines for posting photos. Big stuff, cellphone no problem but with a size reference. Jewelry and other small items where great detail is necessary to ID hallmarks and stones should be photoed outside on a overcast day shielded from direct sunrays by a shield made from an opaque milk jug. The devil is in the details, tripod mounted time delay photos on aperture priority settings will produce the best photos.

I can tell you from the photos I can see, when the stones are set into solid backed cups often the stones are foil backed aka Rhinestones. Cut glass with shiny reflectors glued on the backs.

The reflected hues are most likely the result of tinted reflectors.

In order to accurately evaluate jewelry, costume from high quality, we need accurate photos with hallmarks or any provenance available from owners or family members.

If you know a pawn broker who will evaluate your finds without a fee, use him first. If you have an item with documented or specific info show it to us and we'll try our best.

Best wishes!

Upvote 0
Very nice piece, even if it is costume. If you're interested in its age, it may be possible to date it based on its style and type of pin clasp.

Update: See attached for dating based on type of pin clasp/catch...

Attachments

• Catches_1.jpg
    Catches_1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Catches_2.jpg
    Catches_2.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Very nice piece, even if it is costume. If you're interested in its age, it may be possible to date it based on its style and type of pin clasp.

Update: See attached for dating based on type of pin clasp/catch...

mass produced modern safety catch

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back