Found this in the same area as the CW bullets and button. It is copper I think and is hollow. Two rings on each end with three in the middle. Not broken on either end. It is three inches long.
That is 4 different pictures of the same item. Just all the way around in through the opening.
I thought ramrod guides too , but they are quite long.
Then , they needed to be soldered , pinned (through a lug/gusset) ,or screwed in place. With exception of the one nearest nearest breech. Not seeing evidence in the pics of how they were secured.
You'll notice I'm not OP, but looks like between 1/4 and 3/8 using that ruler and the lengthwise shot as a rough estimate. Not convinced about the ramrod theory, but 10 minutes of Google Image searching does not make me an expert.
Thanks everyone for the time looking at this. It is pretty old and probably brass. I have cleaned it more since the first photos. There is a worn line all the way down the item on one side. Looks like it was rubbed against something for a while or was there it was soldered together. The exact opposite side has a dent. I like all the possible IDs. The tube for a powder flask is interesting because I found several that look like the same diameter and length. The bottom even looks worn a little like it was attached to something. The ramrod guide looks the same on a Kentucky Long rifle, but I cannot see where it would have attached unless the worn side was where it was. The tent or fishing rod ferrule looks quite like it except for the slight tapered end. All good guesses with no positive match really. I am happy to find thing like this because it makes you wonder who used it and what it was used for. Thanks for all the time on this again!