What's new

what is the best way to clean, prep and store your CRH finds?

Typically I don't clean anything I find. Although I once did the electrolysis thing on a Peace dollar, but cleaning a coin is a no-no. Loses value.

Any proof's are stored in the 2x2 holders along with any special coins like 1970 halves, NIFC's, commemorative, Barber's, dollar coins.....anything you would consider 'kinda special' and want to keep protected.

Anything outside of those 'kinda special' coins I keep in paper rolls you get from the banks and stored in Safety Deposit Boxes.
 
vegaspennies said:
Hi guys,

Any advice on cleaning your CRH finds (proofs, coppers, silver, gold...)? And is their a best way to store them?


Thanks for any help

I like to keep my gold coins (bullion and double eagles) and keeper proof halves in "Air-tite" brand holders. They are about a buck apiece and they work great. My "junk" silver (90% and 40%) gets thrown into zip locks.

Jim
 
Junk silver, gets melted and processed into better things and get new life.

good quality coins, I put in rolls and in plastic bags, But then I fill the plastic bag with a flood of Argon gas. Its inert, silver and copper cant oxidize if there is no oxygen!

Most of what I find is junk, so it is purified then either resold as "investment products" or gets used in my productions.

Anyone want generic 3 ounce silver bars?
 
jewelerdave said:
Junk silver, gets melted and processed into better things and get new life.

good quality coins, I put in rolls and in plastic bags, But then I fill the plastic bag with a flood of Argon gas. Its inert, silver and copper cant oxidize if there is no oxygen!

Most of what I find is junk, so it is purified then either resold as "investment products" or gets used in my productions.

Anyone want generic 3 ounce silver bars?
If they have an assay mark and you want to trade for 40's PM me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom