What's new

What is the most wanted/valuable and/or difficult Kennedy halve to find?

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
1,402
Reaction score
118
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you all think on the kennedys Halves.

The most wanted/Valuable/Rare, etc, etc.

DW
 
Upvote 0
I think it would have to be the 1892o Barber. :icon_pirat:
 
70D will be the consensus but I would also include the 87P (AU details). 87P's can be found but are very rare in near uncirculated condition.
 
I've found amany 70D but my Dansco still has a hole in the 70S spot. The newer silver proofs would be tuff too, but I've found a few. HH Mark
 
Up until about a month ago it was the danged 64d ken. That is until I found out that the d was on the back. :tard: Now for me it is the 1970s.

Golden Silver
 
Diver_Down said:
70D will be the consensus but I would also include the 87P (AU details). 87P's can be found but are very rare in near uncirculated condition.


I have found 87Ps that look AU.

Jim
 
I am still having trouble with the 1975 Kennedy Half. I have gotten close but no 75 yet. If I don't find one by the first of April, I am just going to break down and order one. :icon_scratch: :tard: ;D
 
coolpix9 said:
I am still having trouble with the 1975 Kennedy Half. I have gotten close but no 75 yet. If I don't find one by the first of April, I am just going to break down and order one. :icon_scratch: :tard: ;D

:icon_jokercolor:
 
coolpix9 said:
I am still having trouble with the 1975 Kennedy Half. I have gotten close but no 75 yet. If I don't find one by the first of April, I am just going to break down and order one. :icon_scratch: :tard: ;D

I have one that I will sell you. I have to admit it won't be cheap because these are very, very, rare but if you need it for your collection who cares how much it costs! :wink:
 
Got 2 boxes on Thursday,

There was a ,1970 S
1988 S, 1992 S, 12 40% and 3 90% Kennedy's
also a 1995 proof and about 8 rolls of uncirculated 2000, 1998 and 2005s

It was a decent box. :icon_queen:
 
1970D, 1987P and then 1975.
 
DW,

I would think the most wanted is a 1970-D.

The most valuable is probably going to be a doubled die version such as 1972 or so. The problem with picking a valuable one is that condition is key and most CRH coins will never grade better than MS-62 and more than likely they will grade AU and below which are not really collected by error and variety collectors.

I think the most difficult is most likely going to be a current year silver proof.

HH,
65GT350
 
Oh yeah I forgot about the 1975, Darn!

Golden Silver
 
TreasureFiend said:
I think it would have to be the 1892o Barber. :icon_pirat:

I don't think Kennedy was even born yet in 1892. LOL

Don't know about wanted, but most valuable would be any year Kennedy struck on a dollar coin planchet. Good luck finding that, even at an auction.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom