What is the stupidest comment you have heard from some one while detecting!!!!

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i was at one of the local parks here in town and some guy asked me in a s--t head tone find any ieds i was about to tell to go play hide and go - - - - your self and i looked up he had on a marine t shirt from one of the improvised marine camp bars in the sand box he said i did 8 months ago he said i like using that one but no really how can i get one of those i have lots of time on my leg he laughed and i gave him the number to my whites dealer we talked for a while he said go ahead ask me i said ask what he said have i won any ass kikn contests lately so i did he said yup my wife kicked my a-- out of the house today she was cleaning house and i was in her way

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BloodyBelle said:
OMG! You just reminded me of something. Years ago my kid swallowed a dart. Well not the entire thing--just the part between the point and the "feather" part.

(There was an old lady who swallowed a fly. I don't know why she swallowed a fly. Perhaps she'll die.)

The two young physicians in the ER, in humor, wondered if they could pick it up with a metal detector. So they went off and got one. And got a hit on The Kid's belly. Kid got a kick out of it too.

To this day I tease him:

There was a young man who swallowed a dart. I don't know why he swallowed a dart. Perhaps he'll fart.

Haha, that's fantastic! Perhaps one of the "most recent" buried treasure! I'm tempted to detect my own stomach now, hmmm...got to check all sites! ;D

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
heepiepow said:
BloodyBelle said:
OMG! You just reminded me of something. Years ago my kid swallowed a dart. Well not the entire thing--just the part between the point and the "feather" part.

(There was an old lady who swallowed a fly. I don't know why she swallowed a fly. Perhaps she'll die.)

The two young physicians in the ER, in humor, wondered if they could pick it up with a metal detector. So they went off and got one. And got a hit on The Kid's belly. Kid got a kick out of it too.

To this day I tease him:

There was a young man who swallowed a dart. I don't know why he swallowed a dart. Perhaps he'll fart.

Haha, that's fantastic! Perhaps one of the "most recent" buried treasure! I'm tempted to detect my own stomach now, hmmm...got to check all sites! ;D

OMG Belle, great one!!!! I would have been laughing my butt off!!!! The things kids swallow nowadays, it boggles the mind!!!! At least you have something to tease the kid about, now that's my kind of mom!!!!! LOL Red :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: I have a t-shirt that has the "BOMB SQUAD, IF YOU SEE ME RUNNING TRY TO KEEP UP" saying on it. I have some real fun with it once in a while. Gullability is not limited to children. :laughing9:

Not only can you start running but probing the ground with a bayonet while waving someone back gets some real funny responses. :icon_sunny: Be creative!

Carrying a handful of 8 real copies can be fun, funny... or just plain mean! It depends on the attitude of the of the person doing the asking or demanding to know what you are doing. Don't get mad, pull their leg. Hard! :laughing9: ::)

nosurprize

Tenderfoot
Aug 31, 2010
Virginia
I was pretty young (about 10) and my dad had a metal detector he had bought from a yard sale. Out of boredom I took it and a shovel out into my backyard and started to walk around. A stranger walking up the sidewalked watched me for a minute, then started shouting over at me, (in a thick southern accent) "Hey! You lookin' for coal over there? Your parents should be proud that they have a girl who knows 'bout coal." He nodded and left.
(Actually managed to find a silver spoon in a spot where a trailer once sat back in about 1950s so it wasn't a total bust)

BloodyBelle

Aug 22, 2010
Chug and Red said:
heepiepow said:
BloodyBelle said:

To this day I tease him:

OMG Belle, great one!!!! I would have been laughing my butt off!!!! The things kids swallow nowadays, it boggles the mind!!!! At least you have something to tease the kid about, now that's my kind of mom!!!!! LOL Red :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

I'm also the type of mom who doesn't know if the thing passed. I just like to think it did. Whoever wants to hunt it, has to then get it. :wink:

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in a county park. A lady walked by with her dog and said, "Do you do private yards?" I said, "Mam?" She said, "Do you weed whack private yards or just work in the park?"

I still crack up over that one.

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Curious The George said:
I was in a county park. A lady walked by with her dog and said, "Do you do private yards?" I said, "Mam?" She said, "Do you weed whack private yards or just work in the park?"

I still crack up over that one.

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: Good one, wonder what she would have paid? :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
While walking along a beach with my detector a man come over and asks " What do you get with that thing?" I told him the truth " A lot of exercise".

We both had a good laugh.

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What is the stupidest comment you have heard from some one while detecting!!

4-H said:
In a slurred deep southern drawl,

"Does that there thing pick up Arrowheads?" :icon_scratch:

4-H,
Let's get it correct. You are in NC. It would be, "Does that there thing pick up arerheads?".

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a few......."What are ya...lookin' for gold? (as he said with a grin)" "Nope... (I said), Lookin' for Jimmy Hoffa....Ya seen him?" Next......What are ya....gieger countin'? " Next........This one happened a couple days ago in the middle of the woods......."What are ya lookin' for.......PEWTER?" Really didn't respond with a smart a$$ comment to this guy as he was about 6'5", and weighed about 300. Even though he was about 60+, his arms were as big as my legs! Nice guy though. As we conversed he got rather excited about detecting, and said he was going out to buy, " one of them ther' things" :laughing9:

B

Bev

I was up fooling around near a dam near me and was concentrating on a hole with tons of rocks. I knew a lady and two kids were heading toward me, but I pulled my hat down low and kept working. I'm a Realtor and have to be "on" all the time. Sometimes I just don't want to be social but if I'm "forced" It's ok. I knew I was being stared at and she asked, "What are you doing? taking soil samples?" Not a bad guess. I looked up and said, "nah just looking for coins and stuff." Looked up at her face- she was one of my clients- we just closed on the house they bought! We starting laughing and I let the kid try out the detector and I created a future detector- he is going to ask Santa for one!

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
::) Chug heard this one this weekend as he was out playing. He was doing his thing, and a mother and her little girl were watching, as they walked by Chug, the mom said "If I had one of those, I would be looking for gold, not pennies and pulltabs!" Sheesh, some people!!!! ::) Red :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last summer I was out hunting the fairgrounds, and this relatively intelligent looking guy came up to me. He says "Hey, I know a guy that has a detector that will find diamonds...It'll find diamonds and other gemstones too, you should look into getting one.".

How the hell do I respond to that?!?!

jerseyjack

Jul 25, 2009
I was detecting in a ghetto area and this character was watching me, I had just dug a bicentenial quarter that has the date 1776-1976, so this guy wanted to see it, so I let him see it and he goes, wow this is really old 1776, can I have it ? I told him he could keep it, that I find 1776 coins all the time.

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
jerseyjack said:
I was detecting in a ghetto area and this character was watching me, I had just dug a bicentenial quarter that has the date 1776-1976, so this guy wanted to see it, so I let him see it and he goes, wow this is really old 1776, can I have it ? I told him he could keep it, that I find 1776 coins all the time.
Why were you detecting in a ghetto area.

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
My son and I was hunting a parking strip out in front of a house and a lady come out that really looked agitated. Commenced to tell us if we were that hard up for money we should go on welfare and get off her property. We were still laughing about it a hour latter. Rick :coffee2:

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
J.Cache said:
Last summer I was out hunting the fairgrounds, and this relatively intelligent looking guy came up to me. He says "Hey, I know a guy that has a detector that will find diamonds...It'll find diamonds and other gemstones too, you should look into getting one.".

Believe it or not, the old Whites Coinmasters from the 1970's had metal and mineral settings. I know several people that took them to the diamond mine in Arkansas and said that you can find diamonds with them.

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
flinthunter said:
J.Cache said:

Believe it or not, the old Whites Coinmasters from the 1970's had metal and mineral settings. I know several people that took them to the diamond mine in Arkansas and said that you can find diamonds with them.

I was introduced into this hobby in the late 60's and used several Whites Transmit/ Receive (TR)
detectors that offered the Metal/Mineral settings. To be honest I don't believe I ever used the mineral setting except maybe by accident. Set up a old 66TR for my wife to hunt in the Mineral setting by accident and she went right over a shallow large cent and I went right behind her and found it. Talk about being in deep stuff. Really got a ear full.

This is the only time I ever heard of one being used that way. I always thought it was a good way to find black sand when prospecting, but I never did any prospecting back in those days. Learn something new every day. Rick :coffee2:

B

Bev

I was fooling around across the street from my house way behind my new neighbor at the river. As I walked out he came out and said, "Hey you know I saw you digging out there...do you need a quarter? Would you like one? It's ok hun you just need to ask I'll give you one!" Then he cracked up at himself- thank God for great neighbors, he is so funny!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread