PArebel
Jr. Member
I was detecting a school playground and a guy stopped and asked me if "I was metal detecting". I told him yes and he went on his way.
This story is funny but I do not want it to be considered a "stupid question or comment" as it was the observation of a little girl in the 4th grade. I was showing my Civil War finds from VA to her class and gave the kids a chance to ask questions. The little girl told me her grandfather had been in that war and he still had his "gun" and the ammo for it. Of course, there are no CW veterans alive so maybe her granddad is a reenactor. I asked her to thank him for his service.
The teacher said one boy was really interested in the Civil War but was sick that day. I gave her a mini to give to him.
And, you will love this. The teacher used a projector to show some of my pictures of the Union trenches as they are today, with all the trees and shrubs growing in them. Little boy asked if someone had carved "that face" on one of the trees. That caught me off guard. I could not see a "face" so he came forward and pointed it out. Sure enough, the face was there but it was a section where a branch had broke off. Ah, kids. Just have to love them.
Had a good time and I hope the kids learned something.
This story is funny but I do not want it to be considered a "stupid question or comment" as it was the observation of a little girl in the 4th grade. I was showing my Civil War finds from VA to her class and gave the kids a chance to ask questions. The little girl told me her grandfather had been in that war and he still had his "gun" and the ammo for it. Of course, there are no CW veterans alive so maybe her granddad is a reenactor. I asked her to thank him for his service.
The teacher said one boy was really interested in the Civil War but was sick that day. I gave her a mini to give to him.
And, you will love this. The teacher used a projector to show some of my pictures of the Union trenches as they are today, with all the trees and shrubs growing in them. Little boy asked if someone had carved "that face" on one of the trees. That caught me off guard. I could not see a "face" so he came forward and pointed it out. Sure enough, the face was there but it was a section where a branch had broke off. Ah, kids. Just have to love them.
Had a good time and I hope the kids learned something.


Chug and I were out today at one of our favorite parks, when this gentleman came up and asked what we were doing. Chug said looking for coins and jewelry, and whatever else we find, he thought about it, and then asked"Can you use those to find clams?" Of course Chug told him what it will find, metal! The guy figures that since clams have an anomoly (sp?) and why won't it work! OMG, after that he kept coming up and asking such strange and funny questions, but the clam one was the best!!!!









