What's new

What is this gun I found ? I

Shredsled

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 27, 2019
Messages
8
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this “gun”walking the river bank in vt. It’s as heavy as a hand gun can’t figure this out. It has what seems to be a brass trigger I need help. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558994090.531868.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558994109.046218.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558994140.961639.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558994150.275041.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558994162.537989.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558994172.736571.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559001514.223991.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559001532.389806.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559001546.803374.webp
 
Last edited:
I don’t know what it is but, I don’t think it’s a speargun. Why would you make a speargun out of material that will rust?
 
Upvote 0
Don't think it's any kind of a gun. Getting the crud of may help.
 
Upvote 0
why would a speargun be made of steel , I still think its a slaughterhouse bolt gun .notice the odd trigger.
images
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Save it until there is a gun buyback. Those idiots will pay you for it.
 
Upvote 0
The gun it most closely resembles is a underhammer pistol made by Hopkins and Allen in Worcester Ma, but I don’t think it is one, but who knows. I would definitely do the electrolysis and see what appears
 
Upvote 0
No idea what you have, but I found a picture of a firearm with a somewhat similar trigger.

14421817022_daa35f6ca3_b.webp
 
Upvote 0
That brass part being open ended and with rounded edges looks more like it used to guide something. Off an old wagon for guiding or holding reins? Brass wouldn't chafe leather.

The 6th pic (pointing up with the Op's hand behind) is what me think that.
 
Upvote 0
So were you going to try some electrolysis on it.
It sure would help on the ID

I don't think it's a gun of any type.
The "trigger" is all wrong and the grip is backwards and to far back from the "trigger"
It will be interesting to get a good ID on it...
 
Upvote 0
Cool fond post pics after you clean it ya never know
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom