Apr 12, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently was metal detecting the banks of a creek near Deadwood SD, an area known for gold, when my detector found four rocks that all registered as metal they read out as 40 to 45 on the target scale and a 0 on the ground phase. The rocks are silverish in color and metallic kinda like schist it is not magnetic and when broken with a rock hammer it breaks on planes like slate, it does seem heavy for its size as well. I have no clue what the rocks may be or why they register as metal on my detector I'm aware of "hot rocks" but there's are not what i have found to be "hot rocks for this area... so are these rocks silver ore, or maybe contain gold, or may there's some other explanation if anyone has come across something like this please let me know what you think they are.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Is it possible to post a couple pics? Also, what part of the Black Hills? I have a buddy there who has an active mine. LOTS of mineralization in the Hills!!

Ooops, sorry - Welcome to Tnet!! :tongue1:

Upvote 0

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be some kind of ore? No pictures makes it pretty tough to say much of anything about it.

Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's as big a mystery to all of us without a picture to see.But if I was to venture a guess mine would be..................................................................................Just like no picture.It leaves you wondering.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe FastRunner was fast in 2007, but has maybe slowed down a bit now?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions