What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What is this, silver?

JayG83

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2021
Messages
33
Reaction score
33
Golden Thread
0
Location
Abilene, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug this up about 5 miles North of Sweetwater, TX.
20211224_175331.webp
20211224_150711.webp
20211224_150751.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20211224_150906.webp
    20211224_150906.webp
    48.9 KB · Views: 152
Thought calculating the density would ID, but 4.2 doesn't match any metal in the tables I looked at. Either it is an alloy or I miscalculated. Back to the drafting board...
 

Attachments

  • Density.webp
    Density.webp
    65.7 KB · Views: 158
Upvote 0
Thought calculating the density would ID, but 4.2 doesn't match any metal in the tables I looked at. Either it is an alloy or I miscalculated. Back to the drafting board...
Well, I definitely appreciate the calculations either way...lol
 
Upvote 1
Hi, probably a dumb question - but did you calibrate the scale before weighing?
 
Upvote 0
Hi, probably a dumb question - but did you calibrate the scale before weighing?
No it isn't dumb, because I did NOT. Lol, brand new from Harbor Freight. I knew I should have...
 
Upvote 0
Once you calibrate the scale post the weight.
 
Upvote 0
I will this evening... so can we post pictures of rough stones, minerals or gemstones on this forum to be identified?
 
Upvote 0
So what did the scale display after calibrating it?
 
Upvote 0
It sure lookalike it has old yellowed super glue like stuff of it's back.
 
Upvote 1
Upvote 0
It sure lookalike it has old yellowed super glue like stuff of it's back.
It did have a piece of fabric, paper, fiber or something like that on that side. When I was digging it up, it was on there and then I brushed the dirt off and it came off.
 
Upvote 0
Take to any jeweler or pawn shop and ask them to test.
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom