dyanashot

Greenie
Nov 8, 2020
Scranton, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this strange medallion while metal detecting a yard yesterday November 7, 2020. Can anyone identify it?
Combo 11-7-20 1561 Sanderson Avenue.jpg

Upvote 9
Keys of Heaven?

At first I thought Odd fellows or Papal insignia but they look more like skeleton keys - yours's doesn't have the end loops.

Interesting -

The symbolism is called "the crossed keys".

I actually used to know something about this... long forgotten though... perhaps a few searches on your end using this phrase will aid you in your quest.

Hope it helps.

Nice mystery find and Welcome to TNet! :hello:

The symbolism is called "the crossed keys".

I actually used to know something about this... long forgotten though... perhaps a few searches on your end using this phrase will aid you in your quest.

Hope it helps.

Per your suggestion.
Here's part of one result.

[Keys are signs of authority and responsibility; new Parish Priests receives the Church key as part of their institution ceremony, and all priests by virtue of Apostolic Succession from Saint Peter have the “power of the keys,” the sacramental ministry of absolution (Matthew 16:19).]

I would say based on it's size that it's most likely the fob from a key chain. Heavily plated pot metal, my opinion is that it's probably from the mid 1960's to early 1970's. I also feel the motif is the Keys to Heaven

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back