what is this stuff (old WWII era stuff)

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
My wife asked me to post this stuff that she was given by her granfather. He served in WWII in germany, france and a few other places. I will give all the description I can but she wants to know all she can.

f4f42c94.jpg

a button and a brass pin looking thing with the same design. the design is a crown on top of a horn of some kind and a lion in the middle the pin has J F on the back and the other thing has a fleur de lis on the right side.

f4f42c53.jpg

This is a piece of stone that looks like marble with a silver coin like center with a picture of mary(i think) the back is a square piece ic brass with a brass chain it is all held together with a screw from the silver piece and a brass nut on the back.

f4f42c4d.jpg

This is a Cathilic looking pin with a double cross, not sure on the person probably some saint. It has N D at the top in the blue shield and M E T Z at the bottom in the black and white shield. The box for this has a label on the back that says "ORNAMENTS D' EGLISE, ET OBJETS DE PIETE, V. SACKSTEDER, 1 BIS, RUE BONNE RUELLE & 10, RUE D'ALSACE, METZ - LORRAINE"

f4f42c72.jpg

This is a silver pin with children praying while looking at a statue of mary behind a fence. It has? writing around the top of the circle "JE CONVERTIRAI LES PECHEURS"? It says "FRANCE" at the bottom of the circle, nothing on the back.

f4f42c6c.jpg

This is one of those button pins with a picture of a "SACRED HEART" and " ESPOIR ET SALUT DE LA FRANCE" around the picture

f4f42c56.jpg

f4f42c66.jpg

These pics are of an aluminum pendant. the front has mary holding baby jesus and "REGINA DECOR CARMELI O.P.N." The othe side has jesus with a "SACRED HEART" between His hands.

f4f42c5f.jpg

Here are 2 german paper bills. the top one is 2 rentenmark the other is 1 rentenmark.

f4f42c78.jpg

Here are 3 french paper bills one is a 10 franc and the second is 2 franc both 1944 and the big one is 5 francs 1939.

f4f42c7e.jpg

here is a german 100 whatever they are.

f4f42c84.jpg

here is two 5 franc bills both from 1943

f4f42c8a.jpg

A 10 franc bill from 1941

f4f42c8d.jpg

20 franc bill from 1942

f4f42c9d.jpg

A bill from Denmark for 10 whatevers from 1942

f4f42c9a.jpg

four japanese bills. two are 1/2 guldens and the other two are 5 centavos.

These were all picked up on the battlefields from either on the ground or from foreign soldiers who "no longer needed them". any help is greatly apreciated.

mike

weldermark

Jan 17, 2005
LOU-EVIL KY
Detector(s) used
white's DFX
Wow that's allot of cool stuff,looks like Holy relic's for the most part,and allot of old money, nice post thank's.

Mark

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
This is just part of the wife's WWII collection. I will post more pics when I find th rest. There is a coin/button looking thing that has a nailfile and a razor sharp kife that is hidden inside and they flip out, would make a good weapon if captured.

mike

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool stuff-most of the medals and pins appear to be catholic,probably good luck charms worn by soldiers in battle.The nail file/knife coin thing,is it similiar to this one?Pic.-1 shows it closed-pic.-2 shows opened up.This one is mother of pearl and the blades(although rusty)are marked U.S.A.-

Attachments

• fob knife 1.jpg
    fob knife 1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 578
  • fob knife 2.jpg
    fob knife 2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 561
Upvote 0

peterh

Greenie
Jul 13, 2005
G'day

Lucky you

The first picture, button and badge are from a most probably French or Belgian "Chassseur" regiment.
Pic three is a Cross of Lorraine used as a Free French or Resistance symbol during WW2

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No doubt all of this is battle field pickups. My Dad brought home a lot of stuff that I remember him displaying it to people who came to visit. Unfortunately someone broke in and stole it all along with the little strong box he kept it in. It probably wasn't worth a great deal but it was priceless to us. Great stuff. JIM

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds there!

HH

Lonewolfe

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread