• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 2,455

daroofa

Apr 8, 2010
Breckentucky MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
FWIW....From the German Patent via Google translate.

The present invention relates presented a united pencil and pen and is on at the following drawing.

In the drawings FIG 1 is a longitudinal section of the new pencil and pen holder, 2 is a side view of the resilient metal strip one that is stuck between the slide of the steel pen and the pencil pusher; 3 is a front view with the pen, 4 a side view of the slider for the coil spring 5 is a side view of the spring holder

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

taz42o

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2008
Ohio
daroofa said:
FWIW....From the German Patent via Google translate.

The present invention relates presented a united pencil and pen and is on at the following drawing.

In the drawings FIG 1 is a longitudinal section of the new pencil and pen holder, 2 is a side view of the resilient metal strip one that is stuck between the slide of the steel pen and the pencil pusher; 3 is a front view with the pen, 4 a side view of the slider for the coil spring 5 is a side view of the spring holder
I think you are looking at the patent discussed about halfway up in this post if so this is the pic of the item in that patent. It does not look like it.
And also is a D.E.# not a D.R.P #

http://tinyurl.com/yhwnv29

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Attachments

• unknown mystery item.jpg
    unknown mystery item.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0

Elizabeth1234

Feb 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did you ever get the info on this item?

Deutsches Reichspatent (German Patent) no. 50863.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elizabeth1234

Feb 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one is real good condition. looks like you are missing a major part , mine is nearly 5" long, the end you have holds an ink pad on one side and a stamp on the other ( mine is still intact) the missing end is about 2.5 inches long and you can "push" out what looks like a fountain pen and on the opposite side you can push up/out what looks like to hold maybe pencil lead. I have pictures if you want them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

taz42o

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2008
Ohio
I have one is real good condition. looks like you are missing a major part , mine is nearly 5" long, the end you have holds an ink pad on one side and a stamp on the other ( mine is still intact) the missing end is about 2.5 inches long and you can "push" out what looks like a fountain pen and on the opposite side you can push up/out what looks like to hold maybe pencil lead. I have pictures if you want them.

Yes I would really like to see pictures. Thanks Elizabeth.

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yes please. This thing has been bugging me for years. Didnt someone guess inkpad stamp?

Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And the stamp part says "FIRE! Get out NOW!" So it is a Victorian fire alarm for mimes?

It is very difficult to mime fire or flames. So, in case of fire, a mime could grab this device and start stamping it everywhere so others would know to run for their lives. Or maybe not...

Most of the time I hate seeing these old threads bumped to the top. In this case, it's good to have closure on this one. Nicely done.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

taz42o

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2008
Ohio
I was The one who suggested ink stamp.

Yaxthri, Thank you for the link.

Elizabeth, I would still like to see your pictures as yours sounds to be different.

Thanks everyone, cant believe this one is finally solved.!

The ebay site also reads ...

The stamp is museum-worthy in my opinion. On top on it stands: Cliccer (if I read this properly, there on 2 letters Rostflecken). The stamp has the writing: Association of the Bavarians franc mountain (Saxony).
Length folded up with clutch ring approx. 7 cms.

So I will see what I can find on association of the Barvarians.

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I was The one who suggested ink stamp.
I read back and I see you suggested it taz but you didnt seem to believe it. We had it right all along as my description was dead on.

quote bigcypresshunter

"Cant one side hold the stamp and the other side the ink pad? Everytime it closes the pad would compress and re-ink the stamp. Ingenius little folding ink stamp. But then again maybe not lol. But I like your idea of a folding stamp"
Good guess taz :icon_thumright:and great research Yaxthri :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• ink pad stamp.jpg
    ink pad stamp.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread