Re: what is its use for? markerd - international silver company
the blue is a felt bottom to prevent marring the surfaces its set upon *-- it sets up right and is hollow and heart shaped --it flairs ouward from a smaller base into a heart shape --its top is angled at a 45 degree slant running high side at rear to low side at the front --its quite heavy for its size and seems to be solid --not sand "weighted"---size wize its a like a candy dish or paper weight type size item --the only marking upon it is on the bottom ---international silver company --they make a lot of silver platted items , i know --- however the plated items are normally marked "silver plate" somewhere on them --I also know they make sterling items as well.
Chug, here's a smaller pic for you; hopefully Ivan won't mind. I think it's too tall and bulky to be a paperweight, not to mention it would take up right much space on a desk. I'm riding with Dano thinking it might be some type of jewelry store display. Breezie