Del E Webb 001.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 877
  • Del E Webb 002.jpg
    Del E Webb 002.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 723

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
" Hollywood Pin-Up. In going after the big buyers, Alcoa was not neglecting little markets. Typical was the 'Hollywood Pin-Up,' an aluminum clothespin. Its inventors were two neighbors in Van Nuys, Calif., who got tired of hearing their wives grumble about ersatz clothespins. Alcoa helped them perfect the pin, licensed them to use its color process, 'Alumilite,' at a nominal royalty. Del E. Webb, contractor and co-owner of the New York Yankees, financed them. Last week, the Del E. Webb Products Co. was busy shipping out 80,000 pins a day, expects to use 2,500,000 pounds of aluminum a year. — Time magazine, Dec. 24, 1945.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
DPBOB

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PBK

You always come through.........Never crossed my mind. A clothespin

Thank You BOB

Upvote 0

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I found about 40 of those buried in a sandbox outside an abandonded farmhouse one time. Always wondered what they were. Thanks!

Upvote 0

julesjunk

Nov 13, 2006
Holleywood Pinups........

I too know what is like to find mutiples of the pins. I found a dozen or better under a clothes line pole. On my MXT, they ring up at a strong Quarter, nearly everytime. Got tired of digging them, left the immediate area, and my hunting partner came in right behind me and promptly dug a silver Washington :-)
Still a fun hunt that day.
Regards,
Jules

Attachments

• tracee1.jpg
    tracee1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 657
Upvote 1

TheLittleMan

Aug 6, 2020
MN
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
" Hollywood Pin-Up. In going after the big buyers, Alcoa was not neglecting little markets. Typical was the 'Hollywood Pin-Up,' an aluminum clothespin. Its inventors were two neighbors in Van Nuys, Calif., who got tired of hearing their wives grumble about ersatz clothespins. Alcoa helped them perfect the pin, licensed them to use its color process, 'Alumilite,' at a nominal royalty. Del E. Webb, contractor and co-owner of the New York Yankees, financed them. Last week, the Del E. Webb Products Co. was busy shipping out 80,000 pins a day, expects to use 2,500,000 pounds of aluminum a year. — Time magazine, Dec. 24, 1945.
Found one today In Wisconsin.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread