What's new

What is this?????

tiggerd100

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2013
Messages
71
Reaction score
94
Golden Thread
0
Ok so I was hunting in Kansas and I came across this.. I almost left it laying there thinking it was just a hunk of chert. Buuuut I looked closer and there are flakes on all sides of this thing.. almost looks like it was used as a hammer or something.

image-3942212947.webp

side view

image-2130503447.webp

other side

image-2116080279.webp

top

image-647382332.webp

bottom
 
Upvote 0
I have no idea! But that "other side view" shot looks sort of like the image of a face at an angle, like the one that was photographed on mars. Not trying to be funny. We don't have any rock like that in my area that I'm' aware of, sure looks interesting though, hope you find out!
 
looks like a core. they would break off bigger pieces to make points . either there wasn't enough there to break off anymore or they were saving it for later. or they did use it as a scraper.
 
Last edited:
Sometimes they used these as a chiesel or a wedge as well.
 
:happysmiley::alien:;D:D

The picture labled other side, is a great carving of the Swampthing!
 
pic 3 shows where the flakes were taken off. Its a nice example of a core.
 
Good find. Glad you kept it. I figure if it was worked keep it, if it looks funky keep it, if I just plain like it keep it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom