What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What is this?

middlekitty123

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 22, 2022
Messages
4
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nevafa City
Hi. This is about 3 inches and very lightweight. I found it on my property in Nevada City, California. I thought maybe it was obsidian but im not sure. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • 0922220336a.webp
    0922220336a.webp
    665.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 0922220337.webp
    0922220337.webp
    1 MB · Views: 92
  • 0922220336.webp
    0922220336.webp
    813 KB · Views: 100
I don't know what you've found but wanted to welcome you to the site. there is a rock and gem section if you scroll down the menu .
 
Upvote 1
Looks like obsidian to me. But I haven't studied rocks in a while so...
And welcome
 
Upvote 0
I am thinking obsidian on some native sedimentay rock. The area has obsidian in black/red and speckled red and black but the speckled I have only found in real high elevations.
 
Upvote 1
Obsidian looks good maybe the lightness comes from the other half of the rock maybe is some cemented ash or something?
 
Upvote 1
Hi. This is about 3 inches and very lightweight. I found it on my property in Nevada City, California. I thought maybe it was obsidian but im not sure. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Looks very interesting.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom