What is your favorite tesoro and worst?

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Favorite Tesoro is hard because I use mine for different purposes.
Coin and jewlery-bandido II micromax/outlaw
Relics- vaquero or modded cibola
For beginners and simplicity- compadre

I haven't had enough time on my Mojave to add it to the ranks yet.

Worst detector yet- Garrett ace 350. It was my first and loved it before I knew better. Then got the compadre and sold the Garrett.

I limited my favorites to Tesoro because we are in the beep and dig forum.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of all my Tesoros the Mojave is probably my first go to detector. It's simplicity and performance in all types of conditions amazes me. Not saying I don't love my other Tesoro's but they kind of knocked it out of the park with the Mojave by taking our beloved compadre, upping the power and separation on it and making it capable of hunting about anywhere. I put the little 5.75 concentric on it and I can't see that it loss any depth and gained better separation.

Shot1

Jun 19, 2015
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AtPro , Tesoro Mojave
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of all my Tesoros the Mojave is probably my first go to detector. It's simplicity and performance in all types of conditions amazes me. Not saying I don't love my other Tesoro's but they kind of knocked it out of the park with the Mojave by taking our beloved compadre, upping the power and separation on it and making it capable of hunting about anywhere. I put the little 5.75 concentric on it and I can't see that it loss any depth and gained better separation.

Did you have it tuned to the 5.75

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No it works just fine, seems to have about the same depth also.

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crap, I can't find my worst Tesoro, oh well.
Hey' even that little guy, the one knob compadre doesn't fall into the "Worst" category.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All good, some better...

I don't know about back in the old days, but I haven't used a Tesoro yet that I considered a stinker. I've now tried 11 different Tesoro land units, and could get comfortable with any of them.

Favorite though...? I'd have to say the Bandido II μMAX. I like them so much, I have three of 'em. :tongue3:

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deleon would be my favorite.

Tejon my least, even though I've had 4 over the years. Frustrates me to dig way too deep for a 22 or BB so I get rid of it. Then I get a site to hunt where a deep relic machine would be good so I buy another.

Yeah, I'll probably have another one day, but the next one will be new with a lifetime warranty (like my first one) and I'll keep it even if I do get frustrated.

Dan

Cal G.

Mar 19, 2003
#1 Outlaw #2 Vaquero #3 Cutlass Sabre. Tesoro's are real trash weapons, especially when using the 5.75 coil. While I use another brand of detector also, no arsenal is complete without a Tesoro. JMO Cal

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I only have two: Tejon and Outlaw and like them both. IMHO, with all machines you must learn how to exploit their strengths and understand their weaknesses.

GL & HH

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
Favorite Tesoro is hard because I use mine for different purposes.
Coin and jewlery-bandido II micromax/outlaw
Relics- vaquero or modded cibola
For beginners and simplicity- compadre

I haven't had enough time on my Mojave to add it to the ranks yet.

Worst detector yet- Garrett ace 350. It was my first and loved it before I knew better. Then got the compadre and sold the Garrett.

I limited my favorites to Tesoro because we are in the beep and dig forum.

Sold the 350 for Compadre!?! Now that's saying something. We own a 150. It was a Christmas present for my daughter, first detector in my older age (lol), but for the kid ( wink, wink.) wish I knew about the Compadre then.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
#1 Outlaw #2 Vaquero #3 Cutlass Sabre. Tesoro's are real trash weapons, especially when using the 5.75 coil. While I use another brand of detector also, no arsenal is complete without a Tesoro. JMO Cal

Sorry never heard of release #3 before, only Cutlass, the Cutlass II and the Cutlass umax versions? Can you exlplain the differences of the four? Thanks!

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold the 350 for Compadre!?! Now that's saying something. We own a 150. It was a Christmas present for my daughter, first detector in my older age (lol), but for the kid ( wink, wink.) wish I knew about the Compadre then.

Wish I knew about Tesoro too. But we live and learn.
But yes, I choose the compadre all day over the 150,250,350 all day.
The newer 200,300,400 seemed to finally got better recovery, but still probably won't compare to the compadre or any other Tesoro.
It doesn't have 3 tones and any "bells" lol but it works. Works well, and lifetime warranty.
For the cost and if you have good soil, you can't beat it.
Also for the price, you might as well pick it up haha :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread