I have nothing against buying and selling itself. Dishonest people, well, I hate. Hate is a strong word, and yes, I hate dishonest people. I understand old collectors die off and often their kids have no interest in the artifacts. At that point the collection is often sold in estate or auction sales. I could see myself buying a whole collection for the right price and most definitely from a collector that I knew or hunted with. It would never hold the sentimental value to me that it should have had to the collector's kids or family. As far as buying reproduction pieces, I don't think any one intentionally buys these things. Well, let me correct myself. I have seen websites that sell repro pieces. So, that one is over my head?? Arrowheads have been reproduced since the 1800's I know. I don't know when money became associated with stone work, but it seems likely money came in with repro pieces. Why would one reproduce a piece, if not for money? The only other reason would be to see how their stone working and hunting skills matched that of the native. The main thing that gets me about buying and selling is the fact that it exist. I can't get lucky and show off a rarity that I found ( not just me, anyone) without it being questioned. If I had money to buy nice rare pieces, believe me, my collection would be much nicer, why stop with one or two bought pieces?? Rock, this question is almost like asking about religion. No answer and lots of fights. The answer varies from person to person. If it feels right to you, who am I to say you are wrong?