What's new

What is your weirdest find?

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2003
Messages
1,771
Reaction score
610
Golden Thread
1
Location
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just something of interest for those of us folks who watch these boards.
Last week I found a pair of handcuffs (about a year ago, in a different spot I found a handcuff key, hmm!). This week I found a really nice, fully functional carpet knife ($25). What have you found? D

Obviously a lot of folks are interested (judging by the view rate) , but no one is willing to give any more info. Come on guys, this is not a one man forum! I thought this would certainly spark some bragging rights.

What if I said what is your best find so far?
 
Upvote 0
Flip flop, the guy stepped on a staple, and lambskin condom wrappers and how do i post a pic? i'll show you a weird item. I've posted it before but haven't found anyone who can identify it.
 
I'm not sure you can post a pic unless it is hosted by a pic site (ie is accessible all the time).
 
Fresh water lake dredging

My friend and I use Keene Coin & Jewelry dredges to retrieve coins and jewelry from old, midwest, fresh water swimming areas. One of my unusual finds while doing this in a lake was a shiny gold dental partial plate with three small false teeth imbedded in it. I looked into my sluice box and saw it shining at me in the sunlight. Makes a good conversation piece.
 
I have a place that I have also wanted to do this, but I haven't the experience and it is a long way from the road, but it has been a swimming hole for probably 50 years or more. Unfortunately, it has alot of glass and bottle caps in it now.
 
coinshooter; The bottle caps are a real pain aren't they,but once cleaned out that will be the end of them and the glass shouldn't bother the detector.just be careful digging. Fred
 
For those who want to know how to post a picture, see under the topic of 'Metal Detecting' and look under the posting for 'Pictures'. The fellows there showed me how to do it and all the info is there. You can post a picture directly through TreasureNet-- they have a great set-up.

Good luck!

My 'strangest find' is also under the posting 'Strangest Finds' under 'Metal Detecting'. Since it was a beach find, it might fit here as well-- but I won't waste space by duplicating it here.
 
Hi Fred,
Atleast on San Diego beaches bottlecaps, foil wrappers, cigarette packs, foil tops, foil lined juice boxes and flip tabs never end. But then again, neither do the finds! wink
 
We have a beach like that up here called Allouette Lake in Golden Ears Park. When I got my first detector in 81 or 2 I went over there expecting some good hunting.(I can hear laughter) When I rounded the corner and stepped onto the beach my jaw dropped and I sorta went into shock. I couldn't hardly see the sand for pulltabs and bottle caps. I got no idea to this day if there is anything worthwhile on that beach. Fred
 
I was hunting a park under the swings and dug up a baseball cap! Went off on the top button...... :?
 
Hey bulltab; The brass is worth $.55Canadian or 5.5 years,just depends on your perspective.lol Fred
 
Strange holder

The strangest for me was found on an old farm bottom next to the Ohio river. It was a Merry Widows 1910 condom holder. The wife got a chuckle from that one.
 
I found what I thought was a live.44caliber modern pistol cartridge in, of all places,the middle of the football field in the town that I live in. When I cleaned it up, I discovered it was a .44, all right, but part of a keychain,it was a deacivated round.
 
Probably my strangest find was a about half a dozen bullets about 8 inches down in the sand at Myrtle Beach. I stuck my scoop into the sand and pried up...Lo and behold I find a huge bullet pointing right at me. That was quickly followed by about 5 others. They are large caliber shells from WWII. Apparently that part of the beach was used as a target range for the old airbase. Some of them havent even been fired. Not exactly valuable, but an interesting conversation piece at the very least.
 
I was going through some stuff in my garage the other day and ran across a find that I made a few years ago during the winter time on a rocky beach. Turns out that it was a meteorite. I'll post a pic when I get some time. CS
 
Another weird find, beside the gold molar with two other molars attached would be a bird band with the birds leg still attached! I found several tins over the years that say "Three Merry Widows" which are condoms from the forties. I first found one when I was a young teen and didn't know what it was until my Grandmother told me. Quite embarassing at that age.
I didn't think condoms went back that far but in fact they go back even farther!
Dave.
 

Attachments

  • Mine 003.webp
    Mine 003.webp
    79.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Mine 004.webp
    Mine 004.webp
    83.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Mine 005.webp
    Mine 005.webp
    80.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Mine 006.webp
    Mine 006.webp
    87 KB · Views: 90
  • Mine 008.webp
    Mine 008.webp
    76.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Mine 010.webp
    Mine 010.webp
    81.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Mine 011.webp
    Mine 011.webp
    81.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Mine 012.webp
    Mine 012.webp
    88.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Mine 014.webp
    Mine 014.webp
    79.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Mine 015.webp
    Mine 015.webp
    83 KB · Views: 78
While diving off the coast of Cap Haitien, Haiti, I found two small iron cannons side by side in an area devoid of wreckage.(I thought) Upon fanning the sand, I found very near the cannons.............................. a porcelain French chamber pot.
 
Still go that place marked on a map? I'm sure there are folks on this forum that would love a crack at that. Could have real potential.
Here's the photo of my meteorite that I found on a southern Ca beach
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom