What's new

What is your weirdest find?

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2003
Messages
1,771
Reaction score
610
Golden Thread
1
Location
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just something of interest for those of us folks who watch these boards.
Last week I found a pair of handcuffs (about a year ago, in a different spot I found a handcuff key, hmm!). This week I found a really nice, fully functional carpet knife ($25). What have you found? D

Obviously a lot of folks are interested (judging by the view rate) , but no one is willing to give any more info. Come on guys, this is not a one man forum! I thought this would certainly spark some bragging rights.

What if I said what is your best find so far?
 
Upvote 0
Cool! I have a Michigan copper nugget I found on a Southern California beach... Someone must be losing their purchases after visiting a rock shop.
 
I ALSO FOUND A CANDLE SNUFFER AT A LOCAL BEACH,LYING RIGHT ON TOP OF THE SAND,WITH A 12"HANDLE ON IT!!
 
finds

found an old moon shine still in a rock house in the red river gorge in kentucky
 
Wierd find

Well on Sunday, I was digging for this signal at a ol' train depot...and came across some marbles. Who would of guessed it that buried in teh same hole as the signal, which turned out to be a horseshoe was marbles...strange.... :lol: They were both my coolest find to date
 
oh i forgot. a lead roach clip ,with a guy on it and an inscription "smoke it"
 
Imagine my surprise when I reached into the scoop and pulled these out.

A poor picture but they are fit overs for your lower teeth with initials in the front two so you can see the letters. The whites of your teeth will show through

teeth.jpg
 
My house is built on property that used to be a pineapple field.
When received my Surf PI PRO I tried it out in my backyard.
There were lots of signals which I promptly dug only to find nails and
other small bits of metal. Then a very loud signal screamed in my ears.
Digging down about a foot and a half I located a large retangular plate
type object about 1 1/2 feet wide and 4 feet long. Brushing away the dirt
while it was still in the hole I found the word "WILLYS" embossed on the
plate of steel.Attemping to remove it from the hole it wouldn't budge
an inch. So I continued to dig around it in hopes of getting it out of the
hole.
What I found was quite surprising. The object was the tailgate to an
entire Willys jeep buried headfirst in the ground.
 
Ready for this? I was blissfully hunting Myrtle Beach in my home state when I found a body bag tag from Rochester NY. Is that wierd enough?
 
Finding an old bus token from the El Paso Bus Company on the beach at Lake Phalen, in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Then there were the 4 foreign coins, Great Britain 1944 One Penny with King George VI, Great Britain 2 New Pence 1971, Philippines 1967 25 Sentimos, & Portugal 1967 50 centimos found within 1 sq. ft about 1" deep in cedar chips in a school playground in Bird Island, Minnesota. But I just assume some kid brought them to school for show-and-tell and got upside down on the monkey bars and lost them. Probably got his/her butt whipped when their folks found them missing, if he/she admitted it.
 
At an old home site I found four molds for a toy called thingmaker. The molds were of various army men, guns, ect... They are made out of pewter, I think, they made the detector go nuts.

JBE
 
I have a crematorium tag found on a beach near San Diego. Maybe someone dumped the ashes of someone else near there?!
 
ive had a few but i did find this thing in the woods it looked like a lead container with some sort of cork on the end of it my dad and a wanted to open it but did not want to destroy it so our imaginations were going wild thinking of what could be in it so we took it to our neerest relic shop and it turned out to be a very old battery very dissapointing and embarrasing
 
About twenty years ago, I was detecting in a park in Waukegan, IL. and dug up a half dollar sized medal that stated " 25th anniversary of the Hupmobile". It appears to be a bronze type medal and in excelllent condition.
 
My friend and I use Keene Coin & Jewelry dredges to retrieve coins and jewelry from old, midwest, fresh water swimming areas. One of my unusual finds while doing this in a lake was a shiny gold dental partial plate with three small false teeth imbedded in it. I looked into my sluice box and saw it shining at me in the sunlight. Makes a good conversation piece.

Yes I read the entire thread. If you or any member feels someone is attacking a thread or members report it please, don't get into a flame war...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
Found a foil wrapped contact lens from cooper vision. Lens still floating in a liquid.
 
I found 26 nice never fired musket balls at my beach when we had a huge cut in one hole.:icon_thumleft:
 
My own spare car key that I never even knew I lost until it showed up in my scoop. :laughing7:
 
A few days ago I hit on a target. I couldn't tell what it was in the scoop because it was dark, and I didn't have my head lamp with me. When I got back to my house I went through my bag and realized I had picked up a cremation tag. It was a bit creepy so I promptly walked back to the beach where I found it and threw it back in.
 
A few days ago I hit on a target. I couldn't tell what it was in the scoop because it was dark, and I didn't have my head lamp with me. When I got back to my house I went through my bag and realized I had picked up a cremation tag. It was a bit creepy so I promptly walked back to the beach where I found it and threw it back in.

I just found another one the other day....:laughing7:....yep....creepy.
 
Actually it was while grouse hunting in the northern bush. Remember the Tele Tubbies ? I found the one with that spike or whatever on its head, shot between the eyes in a tree.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom