What's new

What is your weirdest find?

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2003
Messages
1,771
Reaction score
610
Golden Thread
1
Location
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just something of interest for those of us folks who watch these boards.
Last week I found a pair of handcuffs (about a year ago, in a different spot I found a handcuff key, hmm!). This week I found a really nice, fully functional carpet knife ($25). What have you found? D

Obviously a lot of folks are interested (judging by the view rate) , but no one is willing to give any more info. Come on guys, this is not a one man forum! I thought this would certainly spark some bragging rights.

What if I said what is your best find so far?
 
Upvote 0
I just found another one the other day....:laughing7:....yep....creepy.

What did you do with yours BigScoop? Did you leave it there? All I know is when I realized what I had I just wanted it out of my house lol. Bad juju...
 
I picked one up and then placed it back. I bet it was the guys favorite fishin hole. Makes u think of life and how precious it is.
 
I found this odd shaped gold object that I later found out was a grill. It fit over the persons upper teeth. I found it at MB and I also learned it had to be 16k or more if it was to be worn in ones mouth. It has become one of objects in my permanent collection.
 
My own spare car key that I never even knew I lost until it showed up in my scoop. :laughing7:

Lol!!! And I found my own car remote and wondered why the remote looked like mine! It even had a broken antenna tip... Lol
 
A 50 caliber rifle round....waaaay down in the wet sand.

Bullet and Ring.webp
 

Attachments

  • Bullet and Ring.webp
    Bullet and Ring.webp
    266.9 KB · Views: 184
37mm AA munitions that brought down an F-4 Phantom that we were recovering in Loas and a .50 caliber machine gun that we dug up the other day from a B-26 that was shot down in the Battle of the Bulge.
 
My grandfather served in Coast Guard during WWII. I was told that he fought in that battle. Cool find hope u get it working.
 
I once found a modem way out in the middle of the woods....not even near any trail ???

Another time I was detecting an farm site in the woods, at the base of a car-sized bolder my detector screamed. I thought it was shallow iron so I went to kick the leaves away and the ground gave a little. I scraped away the leaves to find several neatly laid rows of sticks. I removed the sticks and inside the pit I found a 3' X 3' box wrapped in plastic with the seams taped. I am thinking I found a drug stash. I cut through the plastic to find the box is wrapped in aluminum foil. By now I am looking over my shoulder every few seconds half expecting the Colombian cartel to start shooting at me from behind the trees :laughing7:. I get through the foil and open the cardboard box. In side the box was a brand new infrared cooking grill ! Who the heck would bury an infrared grill out in the woods ???
 
I once found a modem way out in the middle of the woods....not even near any trail ???

Another time I was detecting an farm site in the woods, at the base of a car-sized bolder my detector screamed. I thought it was shallow iron so I went to kick the leaves away and the ground gave a little. I scraped away the leaves to find several neatly laid rows of sticks. I removed the sticks and inside the pit I found a 3' X 3' box wrapped in plastic with the seams taped. I am thinking I found a drug stash. I cut through the plastic to find the box is wrapped in aluminum foil. By now I am looking over my shoulder every few seconds half expecting the Colombian cartel to start shooting at me from behind the trees :laughing7:. I get through the foil and open the cardboard box. In side the box was a brand new infrared cooking grill ! Who the heck would bury an infrared grill out in the woods ???

Somebody who stole it probably....
 
...heres my weirdest find..I call it my 'Phantom of the Opera' speccie... even the nose area projects out... the pict speaks for itself....


Phantom Nugget1.webp
 
I found a Hand Grenade!
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    621 KB · Views: 157
Hey Midus1, I got a Merry Widows container just last week up in Maine!
 
Last edited:
2012-12-19_13-37-21_887.webp
I found this old C/O aka central office (Phone switching office) In the middle of no where - no roads, nothing. I found it on Google earth thought it was an old house and when I finally located I went inside and realized it was an old C/O.
 
2012-12-19_13-36-37_711.webp
2012-12-19_13-38-00_188.webp
The last log in the log book was back in the 80's.
 
Last edited:
I found a tazor [don't know if that is the rite spelling] in good working order this wnter at the beach
 
I found this in early August....still had the dopes in it.... homemade one hitter i think os what they call it

image-1105329997.webp
 
I don't even like to look at this thing...creeps me out.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0477.webp
    IMG_0477.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0476.webp
    IMG_0476.webp
    32.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
A 10" railroad spike in the surf.
 
A creamatory tag with the box and ashes still there . I put the tag back and said a prayer , covered it with sand as the tide came in . A little freaky for me .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom