What's new

What kind of drill is this??

Freemindedclark

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2017
Messages
372
Reaction score
669
Golden Thread
0
Location
Elliott Iowa
Detector(s) used
The Hubble telescope
Primary Interest:
Other
1506855796503717881102.webp15068558454142093499261.webp1506855899536129425710.webp
 
Upvote 0
An awesome one it is! Before the experts chime in, I hear it's pretty rare to find one that isn't broke. Doesn't look like it had ears. Congrats on that one:thumbsup:
 
you find it or buy it. its a paddle drill and dont believe the guides on the value of it. it takes a certain buyer to buy a drill and they are far and in between.
 
you find it or buy it. its a paddle drill and dont believe the guides on the value of it. it takes a certain buyer to buy a drill and they are far and in between.

I found it in the same small creek that I found 3 points and a scraper. I don't buy I hunt.
 
Congrats, that one is amazing! Ive only found one whole drill, maybe 1/5 the size of that thing. They're also called an "awl".
 
Nice find , they sure are rare around here , Iv never found a whole one you can see why they wouldn't last long in plowed fields.
 
Nice drill and love the material! Good find you made!
 
Some of them are made from points with identifiable bases, but many of them are made like yours, without a clearly identifiable base. Hard to pin them down to a specific age range or type. But an awesome find.
 
Beautimuss! Very nice find.
 
Excellent find. I've only found 1, and the very edge of the tip was broke off.
 
I like it alot.... that's a good find

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom