What Loupe Or Magnafying Glass You Use?

I am using the Belomo 10x Triplet here. CARM

I have two, one for the car and one for home. Both are 10x

I have one of each but really use the Magnivision Glass the most it has a small extra power full spot at the base. Got it from wally world. $5 a couple of yrs ago.

RuPer Triple loop X3-4-5

images

I use a SWIFT 10x...................... I have had this one for 30 + years.....

I use this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x21mm-UV-...245?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337f102f6d
It has a circular ring of light that really does a good job and I believe it is a true triplet as I can't find any distortion in the image. Also has UV light which can help identify diamonds should you run across any. Best part is the price at $20. I use it for everything and its pretty solid, feels better in your hand than the way the pictures make it look.

Last edited:
I am using a lens salvaged from an old nite vision unit that bit the dust. Works great and the price was right. I am a bit of a scavenger. Frank...

Misc-3.jpg

Attachments

• cubeblack700.jpg
    cubeblack700.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
The quality of the lens is more important than magnification. Most geologists use (and suggest) 10x. I have 5 or 6 loupes with a head-loupe like Diggummup's. My favorite is one (two) I bought at Miner's Creek in Whickenburg, AZ. Pricey at about $32 but also has white light and UV light built in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back