Garrett AT Gold
Teknetics Gold Bug
White's "Mr. Bill modified" Classic IDX
Teknetics Eurotek Pro 8" coil
Teknetics Eurotek Pro 11" coil
XP MI6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Compass X-200 Challenger :icon_king:, Fisher CZ-3D, Fisher Gold Strike (for micro jewelery in the tot lot Chips)

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
treasureace13 said:
is the mxt a complicated detector or a beginers detector?

The MXT is simple to use, however, there is allot to learn about it before it can be fully appreciated for what it can do. You can make quick adjustment on the fly. You get allot of info and with the flip of a switch you can flip back and forth between modes to gather more information on a target. I have been using it for 6 years now and thought I knew everything about it until I bought Jeff Fosters book, The MXT Edge. I learned a bunch more and it's a must for any MXT user. Man, if I only had that book when I first got my MXT I could have saved myself a ton of time learning it. Some people say it's a chatter box. I remember putting mine together. scanning the manual, taking it out for the first time, I was like, oh man, I think I just made a big mistake, the thing was snap, crackle pop. Chattered big time. Went back read some more, asked questions and soon had it purring like a kitten. It's biggest drawback is, it's not light and if you add a Sunray probe it's pretty heavy after a couple of hours although I often take the probe and stick it in my pocket to reduce weight. If you are in a place with a fair amount of digable targets the weight does not really matter because you get a break everytime you stop to dig but hunting a field it can wear on you. Someday I will put it down and get me a Tesoro. Now those puppies are light, powerful and see through iron pretty well.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I go along with AF 1733 toss this out and start over..........Why was not Fisher & Tesoro put on the list top name brands?????????????????????

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use of all the brands including Compass, but the Tesoro Silver Umax is my favorite because it's simple.

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
My Tesoro Golden Sabre is the one I use the most...
The Minelab Soverign GT comes second....This one is very sensitive to gold...If there is any around, which is almost never.

Chaparral

Oct 5, 2008
Niceville, Florida
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, Infinium LS, Tiger Shark. TDI, E-Trac/SR X-1, Vision/SR DX-1, Excalibur II
GTI 2500. Infinium LS, and Tiger Shark - for me they cover the ground.... :)

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
For me, nothing beats the M6.

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro Golden Sabre II,and Inca!

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
X-terra 70 for relic hunting and coinshooting.

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[size=14pt]DetectorPro HeadHunter Wader, White's Surfmaster PI with Mr. Bill's mods and Tesoro Silver µMax.

twogunz

Apr 13, 2005
I use a baracuda. A custom Pulse machine waterproof to 200 feet, made by Anchor Electonics of Biloxi. It bites deep and has provide me with four years of great finds. Unaffected by mineralization, it finds targets the other machinesw cant get. I regularly pull rings from 24 plus inches of hard packed sand at the beaches. Mind you it cost two grand to have it made, so you get what ya pay for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread