What's new

What percentage silver in boxes?

placerman

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2005
Messages
286
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
I thought it would be interesting to talk about what percentage silver you are experiencing in your area.

I am in the SE USA.

I started this hobby in October 2009 and so far my percentage of silver is running 0.62%. My understanding is that is better than average but when I hear about some of these awesome finds I am not so sure.

So the question is.... What is your average running?
 
Upvote 0
So far this year I am a bit over 2% for halves this year. I am in the Southeast also.
 
i usually find one silver half for every hundred clad i search - give or take.

and about 1 90% for every 10 40%.

i've had my fair share of dream bags and skunks in the mix.

though (knocking on wood) i've never been skunked on an entire bag-load haul.
not yet anyway. :wink:
 
My percentage is too embarrasing, so I will list my ratio.

Halves = 1 per $317 searched
Dimes = 1 per $125 searched

ffd
 
I would say that I've never gotten above 25 keepers in a half box and 11 in a dime box. I get more half dollar skunk boxes than I do dimes.
HH
Rich
 
For me, I would say about 10%. I don't do boxes or bags (Just loosies.)
 
Although I had very few boxes, in the bags I searched in 2009 I averaged about

1.14% silver in halves with just over 1 in 5 being a 90%. (43140 halves searched)

0.024% silver in quarters with 2 of them being Canadian (150631 quarters searched)

0.067% silver in dimes with 16 of them Canadian (521582 dimes searched)

0.035% silver in nickels (324146 nickels searched)


My numbers in 2008 were similar except my quarter numbers were slightly lower at only about 0.014% and my halves were about 4.13%, but my halves numbers were skewed by my one monster bag...if I remove that bag from the mix, my half percentages were similar, but only 1 in 6 was a 90%.
 
dimes. .04% 2 in $500
quarters .0007% 1 in $3500
halves .05% 1 in $1000
nickels .05% 1 in $100
wheat's .24% 12 in $50

that is average every once in a while I get a dream bag that makes it worth while
noteable dream bags last half bag LC's!!!, 2 cent bags +1400 wheat's each, quarter bag 5 silvers, dime bag 12 silvers
 
Aren't we speaking of "percentages" here?? With 1,000 coins in a standard box of halves, 10% would be 100 silver coins per box.....as an average! 100 silvers per box?? Shoot, at that rate, I do believe it would pay to buy a house and move to that region and just CRH as full-time work!
Even 2% as an average seems mighty high to me, at least for my area. That is 20 silvers per box! $50 melt value per box, even if only 40%ers are being found!
I have to say in all honesty that my averages around here are more like 0.3%.....maybe a taste higher.....
- Grizz
 
Mentone Grizz said:
Aren't we speaking of "percentages" here?? With 1,000 coins in a standard box of halves, 10% would be 100 silver coins per box.....as an average! 100 silvers per box?? Shoot, at that rate, I do believe it would pay to buy a house and move to that region and just CRH as full-time work!
Even 2% as an average seems mighty high to me, at least for my area. That is 20 silvers per box! $50 melt value per box, even if only 40%ers are being found!
I have to say in all honesty that my averages around here are more like 0.3%.....maybe a taste higher.....
- Grizz

I have had a good month. And yes, I am averageing about 20-25 silvers per "box". I do $1k bags here.
 
I have had a good month. And yes, I am averageing about 20-25 silvers per "box". I do $1k bags here.
[/quote]

AGCoinhunter;
Not to be splitting hairs, but the OP asked about "averages running", which would usually be different from monthly results, especially where a "good month" skews the numbers significantly.
Also, those numbers you mention, which are very impressive by the way, would work out to be closer to 1% to 1.2% when you figure for 2,000 coins per bag.
- Grizz
 
Mentone Grizz said:
I have had a good month. And yes, I am averageing about 20-25 silvers per "box". I do $1k bags here.

AGCoinhunter;
Not to be splitting hairs, but the OP asked about "averages running", which would usually be different from monthly results, especially where a "good month" skews the numbers significantly.
Also, those numbers you mention, which are very impressive by the way, would work out to be closer to 1% to 1.2% when you figure for 2,000 coins per bag.
- Grizz
[/quote]

Couldnt tell you my running because I never kept stats till this year. I also have scored quite a few with some CWR and loose this month. Maybe in a few months I can give you a better estimate of what my percent is. December was an awful month for me, bags sucked and couldnt find a loose half for miles around. I am sure it all evens out in the end, but yes, January has been great so far. Have a big order coming next week so either I will hit 2% for the month or dip well below.
 
Isn't it interesting how CRH'ing turns a person into a statistician so quickly?
A private investigator/detective as well! Might be able to use some of that on a resume!
- Grizz
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom