What's new

What "SNOW" again

mlayers

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2007
Messages
5,579
Reaction score
429
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What "SNOW" again

It just now fair. I have been working 12 hours days all week long and last night I worked 15 1/2 hours. I got home at 3 in the morning and went to bed. I got up at 8 a.m. and got dress to go out for a day of detecting. I looked out the door and it is SNOWING again. We have over a 1 inch on the ground and more coming down. Man how I hate the snow. Only hope is that it will stop snowing and maybe then I can get out....Matt
 
Re: What "SNOW" again

Same here but ground frozen solid............ >:(
 
Re: What "SNOW" again

Yer lucky, pretty pure white stuff. Here nothing but boreing, clear blue skies and temp down to 76 f last night, sigh
Don Jose de La Mancha
 
Re: What "SNOW" again

It hit the ground last night and froze those streets into icy terror instantly. Had a lot of fun around midnight spinning around on the way out to lunch. One van slid into my lane from the other side but I dodged him.

Lots of twisting and turning tire tracks in the fresh fall, few were straight.
 
Re: What "SNOW" again

Good old northwest Ohio, if you don't like the weather just stick around 5 minutes it will change.
 
Re: What "SNOW" again

Snow & Ice Finally melted here

so Yes it's white here tonight again
 
Re: What "SNOW" again

999slvrfx said:
Good old northwest Ohio, if you don't like the weather just stick around 5 minutes it will change.
Come on up and try Michigan sometime. We got 4 new inches of snow Friday night, and it back to normal temps (cold). Oh well, I did get out in the yard on Tuesday when we had out January (oops, February) thaw.
This too will pass :wink:
Dan
 
Re: What "SNOW" again

I'm with Oneeye on this one! C'mon up to Northern Michigan and check out the 24" of frozen ground with snow and ice covering it up.
My wife and daughter say I've become "wild eyed" and keep muttering things about "killing off Old Man Winter" and never wanting to see snow, or a thermomete that reads below 32 ever again.............
Yeah, I'm pretty tired of this white crap! Come on spring!

Good Luck,
mark
 
Re: What "SNOW" again

Yea I'm hoping to get out and start MDing by late April, early May. I'm going to invest in a good detector and hope it's lucrative enough to buy a place south in like Florida. Yup retirement down south for about 5 months out of the year would be sweet.
 
Re: What "SNOW" again

Let me ask y'all a question...Which would you rather have, snow or rain? Most will go with rain because there is the possibility that it will stop, dry out and get nice, right? Where I grew up in Syracuse, NY, when I was a kid it seemed like we had two seasons, snowy or rainy...that's why I live in Texas now, at least here the seasons are a bit more defined...
 
Re: What "SNOW" again

oldgoat said:
Let me ask y'all a question...Which would you rather have, snow or rain? Most will go with rain because there is the possibility that it will stop, dry out and get nice, right? Where I grew up in Syracuse, NY, when I was a kid it seemed like we had two seasons, snowy or rainy...that's why I live in Texas now, at least here the seasons are a bit more defined...
It's not that I don't like snow for me, it's how long the winter is up here. It gets cold in Northern NY around the 2nd or 3rd week of October...it usually snows the week of halloween. And I've seen huge snowstorms right up until the end of March. Couple that with plenty of sub-zero days in January and February and people are ready to bug out after 5 -6 months, Lake Placid is only 45 minutes away from me I guess that's why they can hold the olympics. I've come to really enjoy snowshoeing as a means of getting out of the house and getting great exercise so I'd take the snow.
 
Re: What "SNOW" again

Im having the same problems here. WOrk 12 hour shifts and my days off, it snows!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom