What's new

What the heck is it?

bblaha

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
533
Reaction score
157
Golden Thread
0
As soon as I left my creek today I had to go back because I was just feeling it. Went back and found my first piece of fossilized wood and something I can't identify at all, any help is really appreciated thanks
 

Attachments

  • image-3425855142.webp
    image-3425855142.webp
    81.5 KB · Views: 134
  • image-1568581733.webp
    image-1568581733.webp
    77.6 KB · Views: 118
  • image-3984072976.webp
    image-3984072976.webp
    36.8 KB · Views: 116
  • image-3161562007.webp
    image-3161562007.webp
    71.4 KB · Views: 125
  • image-3300954723.webp
    image-3300954723.webp
    48.2 KB · Views: 134
  • image-3337153479.webp
    image-3337153479.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 126
  • image-1039775058.webp
    image-1039775058.webp
    49.3 KB · Views: 123
  • image-3276067365.webp
    image-3276067365.webp
    72.7 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 0
Found in Cincinnati ohio
 
What is it made of?

Johnathan Griswold
 
The long thin thing is a pencil urchin spine, they are used in jewelry. Probably boke off of someones necklace. I found one last year in Cent. Ohio and thought I had some weird pendant.
 
Interesting find.:icon_scratch:
 
Good call! That is what came to my brain but I thought it was a little thick and short. I thought they were longer. But that is what it is. It is a very cool find for sure.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 
Modern jewelry? So not native American related
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom