What's new

What the heck is it?

BenVa68

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2018
Messages
504
Reaction score
1,735
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug this over the weekend at a 1800s house permission. Along with confederate buttons, an 1834 cap bust dime and several other items. Its brass and hinged. Any thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • 20181222_190426.webp
    20181222_190426.webp
    247 KB · Views: 130
  • 20181222_190418.webp
    20181222_190418.webp
    267.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 20181222_190415.webp
    20181222_190415.webp
    270.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 20181222_190152.webp
    20181222_190152.webp
    272 KB · Views: 116
  • 20181222_190147.webp
    20181222_190147.webp
    201.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 20181222_190143.webp
    20181222_190143.webp
    295.1 KB · Views: 106
it was the handle on a old tape measure i believe
 
Upvote 0
My mind was going everywhere on this and then I read gold boy's reply. I Agree!
 
Upvote 0
Yup, what they said, maybe a music box???
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I really didnt think it could be a winder for a measuring tape because the piece is so small but after looking up Chesterman tapes i believe that may be it. Must have been pretty hard to wind though.
 
Upvote 0
COOOOOMON cant anyone post something I can ID. This is like playing jeopardy with the wife and kids uhh uhh
 
Upvote 0
COOOOOMON cant anyone post something I can ID. This is like playing jeopardy with the wife and kids uhh uhh

I always have the same trouble mate. one of the best forums on here but II am no good at IDing stuff.
 
Upvote 0
I always have the same trouble mate. one of the best forums on here but II am no good at IDing stuff.
Happy Holidays my friend. I just wait till a few of the wise post replies then I agree with em to help build some cred LOL
 
Upvote 0
Gotta say, This is one of my favorite forums as well...:icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
I would love to have a contest every week like Sunday night for 2 to 3 hours find some whats its and who ever guesses the most wins some kinda prize would be fun I would call it tnepordy!!!!!!!
 
Upvote 0
I would love to have a contest every week like Sunday night for 2 to 3 hours find some whats its and who ever guesses the most wins some kinda prize would be fun I would call it tnepordy!!!!!!!

Yeah, but DC Matt kills it in IDs.

I would loose fast.
 
Upvote 0
Tape measure crank...The other Tnetters beat me to the buzzer. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Cool find, Congrats!!!
 
Upvote 0
Nice work Ben and Happy Holidays!

Also Bravo to the witnesses!
 
Upvote 0
Does look like a winder, but the knob/handle is sooo small?
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom