What's new

What the heck is it?

BenVa68

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2018
Messages
504
Reaction score
1,735
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug this over the weekend at a 1800s house permission. Along with confederate buttons, an 1834 cap bust dime and several other items. Its brass and hinged. Any thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • 20181222_190426.webp
    20181222_190426.webp
    247 KB · Views: 130
  • 20181222_190418.webp
    20181222_190418.webp
    267.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 20181222_190415.webp
    20181222_190415.webp
    270.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 20181222_190152.webp
    20181222_190152.webp
    272 KB · Views: 116
  • 20181222_190147.webp
    20181222_190147.webp
    201.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 20181222_190143.webp
    20181222_190143.webp
    295.1 KB · Views: 106
I would love to have a contest every week like Sunday night for 2 to 3 hours find some whats its and who ever guesses the most wins some kinda prize would be fun I would call it tnepordy!!!!!!!

Tnepordy? Maybe you just invented a new word.
A tnepordy is anything which cannot be identified.
I like the idea of a contest if it could be worked out. Maybe people could post obscure things, which they already know what they are, for people to guess.
 
Upvote 0
That would be the idea from coins to buttons to the stuff I find lol. People could submit them by pm to the Host and ones that were never ID d previously then pick from them which to post for the contest. The answers could be sent to the host by PM and the results posted later that night, and the person who gets the most correct could get a prize!!!!! Or the winner would have to Host the next week. Its winter a lot of us are bored lol
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I saw this post yesterday, and I knew this thingy looked familiar......
Had I realized I had one on my antique shelf 5 feet from me I would have chimed in and solved it!:BangHead:
AF679B32-959E-4AD1-9E45-DBA02B67820E.webp
 
Upvote 0
That would be the idea from coins to buttons to the stuff I find lol. People could submit them by pm to the Host and ones that were never ID d previously then pick from them which to post for the contest. The answers could be sent to the host by PM and the results posted later that night, and the person who gets the most correct could get a prize!!!!! Or the winner would have to Host the next week. Its winter a lot of us are bored lol

How about you donate a $1000.00 prize? :p
You could just keep it informal. Someone post their stuff and everyone who gets it wins. Maybe the one who identifies the most items in a three month period gets something like the Honorable Mention.
 
Upvote 0
How about you donate a $1000.00 prize? :p
You could just keep it informal. Someone post their stuff and everyone who gets it wins. Maybe the one who identifies the most items in a three month period gets something like the Honorable Mention.
Grand Prize CTX 3030?
 
Upvote 0
Come on Prince, You're gonna make Matt open a new bank account! LOL
 
Upvote 0
I was going to say one of the above. Lol. Congrats on the find and the quick and accurate ID as usual on this forum.
 
Upvote 0
I glad that ones out of the way.:laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
How about you donate a $1000.00 prize? :p
You could just keep it informal. Someone post their stuff and everyone who gets it wins. Maybe the one who identifies the most items in a three month period gets something like the Honorable Mention.
Wouldn't be fair cause I would never lose plus Id have to borrow it from you first.. lol That is a thought informal
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom