artzstuff1
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Oct 8, 2008
- Messages
- 2,491
- Reaction score
- 13
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
fisher2 said:tiny salt shaker can you open it up and see inside it may be a dispenser for toothpicks my grandma has a plastic one like it
/

They were invented in 1822 in Great Britain. Breezietraderoftreasures said:mechanical pencils aren't that old![]()
well i'll be a monkeys great ,great, great, great, great grandson.Breezie said:They were invented in 1822 in Great Britain. Breezietraderoftreasures said:mechanical pencils aren't that old![]()
thanks breezie, i was just assuming/ guessingKiwijohn said:Spray nozzle?
?,,,,Also it has a little gold plateing left on the top of it
?
bigcypresshunter said:Can you get it open and look inside?
? Im assuming it has a bottom, ... like a container? When you say it rotates, do you mean opens and closes like a spice container? Put a pin or wire in the hole and see if it closes.artzstuff1 said:bigcypresshunter said:Can you get it open and look inside?
never tried to pry it open!!!!,,,its empty,,the top looks like it rotates?
arthur
I think I see lettering too or a number. It could be a huge help.vayank54 said:Are there any letters on the sides? In the first pic it looks like there might be an M with another letter before toward the bottom.
Was it painted black?artzstuff1 said:,,,,Also it has a little gold plateing left on the top of it?
could it be a portable powder container for a lady to carry in her purse
who knows??
art
bigcypresshunter said:I think I see lettering too or a number. It could be a huge help.vayank54 said:Are there any letters on the sides? In the first pic it looks like there might be an M with another letter before toward the bottom.
Was it painted black?artzstuff1 said:,,,,Also it has a little gold plateing left on the top of it?
could it be a portable powder container for a lady to carry in her purse
who knows??
art
Breezie said:It just dawned on me what this is . . . It's a Victorian Sachet Holder. Ladies would put perfumed powder in the container, then put the container in a dresser drawer to keep their clothes smelling fresh. I bet if you could use a wee bit of WD-40 under the cap, and open it, it still may have some type of perfumed powder smell. I'll see if I can't find a pic to go along with my idea. Breezie