What's new

What to do with clad change found metal detecting

Pauln

Full Member
Joined
May 15, 2013
Messages
115
Reaction score
196
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I basically want to know what people with all the clad change they find?
Also a question for coin roll hunters.
 
metal_detector.gif
Give it to the Grandkids - they love it!
 
use it to wash car at car wash, buy sodas at pop machines.
 
Casino, so its lost again LOL
 
Parking meters, coffee, gasoline.
 
I got a coin counter and roller from harbor freight you just drop it in the top and it dose the rest
 
Batteries, gas, car wash and kids. Hoard what I can.
 
I roll all my clad and deposit it at the bank even the ate up Zincolns although I let them know they were dug up coins and look pretty nasty, they can't refuse them. It is legal tender and they just send them in, they told me it didn't bug them.
 
haven't put any thought into it, now that you mention it, I suppose I can stop staring at it.
 
oh yea, sweet beard!
 
haven't put any thought into it, now that you mention it, I suppose I can stop staring at it.

As long as it doesn't stare back your good!
 
just drop a few at a time in the wife's purse ... then when you need change ! wallaaaa
 
Once a year I take it to the change counting machine, then get a money order and send it in as a deposit to my IRA. Free money!!
 
save the pre1982 pennies--more copper. Definitely use the coinstar at least visit the kiosk there might be free rejected change there
 
Run it through a coinstar machine and get Amazon and ITunes gift cards. As long as you take your money in a gift card they don't take a coin counting fee. The Amazon card gets used to buy detecting accessories and other goodies I want or need. I tune card feeds my App addictions.
 
Send it to me. I promise I won't misuse it.
 
I roll all my clad and deposit it at the bank even the ate up Zincolns although I let them know they were dug up coins and look pretty nasty, they can't refuse them. It is legal tender and they just send them in, they told me it didn't bug them.
Right on! Federally insured bank MUST take it in ANY condition. They will destroy those unsuitable for use. Many banks require them to be rolled. TTC
 
I just through them in the coin dish and spend them. Frank...
coins-eagle.webp
Well most of them. These were kind of stuck together.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom