What to do

texasphil

Jan 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago i think i may have stumbled onto some river gold. I was 12 and in a rural area in an old creekbed there was black sand ,pyrite,quartz. I found out all these could indicate gold and that some pyrite does contain gold no gold has ever been discovered in the region not even sure if it has been prospected it lacks most gelogical indicators and topographies and any advice would be grateful I guess my question is are these enough sighn to warrant investment

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to post on the gold prospecting forum. Lots of folks there are very knowledgeable.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Black sand and quartz are good indicators that gold could be present. I have found gold with both. Now pyrite is a bit different. I have not found pyrite with gold. I have seen pyrite in the Silver Queen mine out west. Hay It's always worth a look. Try a little panning and you will get your answer in short order. Frank

hand print-2_edited-6.jpg

OP
OP
T

texasphil

Jan 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was this in Texas?
No this was not in texas but in a plains area at the foot of some small mountains or hills i guess you might say but they are miles off

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Texasphil, come on, narrow it down, you might just get the info you want. Sounds like a place I found a couple of miles north of the base of the Chocolate Mountains, About 2 miles east of Niland CA, in the area of the Salton Sea. Turned out it was flour gold. Frank hand print-2_edited-6.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions