What's new

What type of MD will I need to buy?

ayeee

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 10, 2018
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets say that there are silver coins (72% pure silver) buried underground about 3-5 feet deep, maybe 100 coins or so, covered by a slab of rock about 5-10 inches thick in a piece of land. What type of MD will I need in order to find the coins?
 
Caterpillar? 😉
 
Backhoe. May get one made by Caterpillar.
 
I tried recovering some old coins at that depth with no concrete covering and had no luck with my F75 vlf single frequency machine. The detectors I have most likely would not find those coins, but could be used to verify the hole once you have removed some dirt. I suggest you first get a 4 foot probe and probe for loose dirt. You will hit the concrete and know you may be in the right spot. As for detector type, not even a two box or deep seeker will help. GPR which is expensive and requires a license would help, but again there is a lot of learning there. There may be tell tale signs also that give away the location but you will not get all my secrets on a public forum. I hope this helps as I am always looking for these myself.
 
I can operate it for you.
 
I can find it for him if it exist, but Im exepensive lol.
 
Minelab GPX 5000 Equipped with Coiltek 40" x 20" Mothership Coil

Minelab GPZ 7000 Equipped with 19" DD Coil
 
Terry, you can rent a smaller backhoe a lot cheaper than buying one of those machines. :laughing7: But seriously, I have rented some in the past, they are fun!
 
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Ayeee! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - people may have more success helping you (if necessary)...
2nd - Whatever you finally decide on - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.
metal_detector.gif
3rd - You might consider browsing Brands while you wait for member suggestions.
 
Terry, you can rent a smaller backhoe a lot cheaper than buying one of those machines. :laughing7: But seriously, I have rented some in the past, they are fun!

Make more money with a GPZ.
 
It depends on what you charge.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom