I'm working on one now.
Don't really want to say much more. I'd rather have some pics.<G>
As for what I'd do with it, most would go in several safety deposit boxes, prepaid.
I might have to take a piece out and sell it: maybe 1-3 pieces a year.
When you find a REALLY big one figuring out what you can say (through your mouthpiece-lawyer-representative) will be different than saying something here.
Several thousand dollars face value a long time ago, so more than would fit in one safety deposit box. Gold has increased from the $16/ounce value then. I anticipate finding objects similar to those found on the Brother Jonathan, but without annoying exposure to salt water. Or minimal exposure many years ago. Probably none, but until found who can positively say?
Several years ago through OTTH, met a guy who had found 2 $10 Mormon coins. He sold them long before I met him. I might have to do the same.
Or set up a non-profit like the Gates Foundation. Some of the objects already found on-site were gold. Some weren't. All of them worth big $$. Doubt I could spend even $50/face in a year.