What's new

What would you do?.....

spartacus53

Banned
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
10,624
Reaction score
1,074
Golden Thread
0
Location
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You stumble upon a poor box in the street in the amount of about $1,000.

I think I would take it to the nearest rectory, or police department.. What would you do? :dontknow:
 
I did hit it for $1000($970 after taxes) 2 wks ago(keno).I'm getting a weeks trip to Uvalde,Tx. :thumbsup:
 
Ah, I'd probably just blow it on women and booze like the rest of my money. :wink:



Damn straight I would!!!!
 
Circumstances depending...I'd hand it in. :angel7:
 
is the "box" marked with the owners name in anyway? --is its owner "known" or able to be figgered out easily ? --if so by law -- has to go in --darn it

but if not * if its just "lost" needing a new owner well todays that moneys "lucky day" --report it for what ?-- so uncle scam can claim a big chunk as "found money" income taxe wize ? -- nope --i do not claim cruddy zinc cents found while detecting as "income" either -- gas cost more than finds-- so its a net loss game .--- i figger that $1000 will just about meet the break even point of my detectinmg hobby "hole" -- only if your hobby makes a profiet do you have to declare it --same as gambling -- if you lose ,tough cookies ( you can not write off losses unless your a "professional gambler"--but if you get lucky and win say %600 bucks or more --- you gotta pay taxes on your winnings ----- gimme 20% which they take "right away" at dog and horse tracks -- if you win $600 or over

and the only way to get your withheld 20% of your "winnings" back is to show losses on your income tax sheet --with proff of loss --like say $600 worth of loser tickets so that you only broke even

i think this way --- the "grubbermint" is like a "moochy leech buddy"--( a fellow thats really no ones freind) at the track -- he "free rides" rides with you to the track (giving you no gas money) -- he will not buy your way into the track or even chip in on it --- he doesn't give you any useful advice on which dogs or horses to pick at all - he does not chip in to buy the tickets either -- however when you win ---he yells "WE WON" -- now gimme a cut

WE WON -- what WE are you talking about? :icon_scratch: :help:
 
When you say poor box, I take it you mean a collection device like at a church? Or a Salvation Army thing?

Any thing you can ID as going to the Salvation Army or some other legit charity I'd give back to them. But a church-connected find I take and give to the hookers on Duval Street. Church's steal way too much for "administration". Sal Army does too, but at least it ain't as big a den of thieves.
 
OT - got news for you - the Salvation Army IS a church! Just ask them.
 
Thanks, I guess for the most part we're all in agreement to a degree and would turn it in. The rest are split between spending it frivolously with one exception.
 
Come on, Spartacus, tell the truth. Did you find some church's poor box?
 
ThTx said:
OT - got news for you - the Salvation Army IS a church! Just ask them.

Are they really? I didn't know this. You're depressing me.
 
Old Town said:
ThTx said:
OT - got news for you - the Salvation Army IS a church! Just ask them.

Are they really? I didn't know this. You're depressing me.

Sorry - but it is the truth. Hence the name "Salvation" Army
 
ThTx: You are going to laugh. I never made that connection. I always assumed it meant they were salvaging unused goods to give to the poor. Salvation of the person or soul never entered my head in all my life of seeing the bells and red outfits.

Good thing is, I've never been preached to by one of the bell ringers or officers of the "Army". At least this is a good start if you are going to have a religion.
 
I can't help you there Tee... All posts are subject to change, it makes reading them more interesting :laughing7:
 
spartacus53 said:
Thanks, I guess for the most part we're all in agreement to a degree and would turn it in. The rest are split between spending it frivolously with one exception.

>:D :evil6: :evil7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom